Bury the Lead by David Rosenfelt

Bury the Lead (edition 2005)

by David Rosenfelt

Another fun, short mystery that was well read & plotted. These are 'chip' books because I can't listen to just one. They're all pretty much the same, differing only in the details of the dilemma, but that doesn't mean they're not fun.

I liked it enough that I went looking for more books by this author & found out that the Tara Foundation, a dog rescue started in the last book, actually is a going concern run by the author. I have a book about it reserved & hope to listen to it soon. ( )
  jimmaclachlan | Aug 18, 2014 |
Third in the Andy Carpenter series. Just okay not great. ( )
  librarian1204 | Apr 26, 2013 |
next in a fun series by writer david rosenfelt about a defense attorney. if you like mysteries this is a really good series. ( )
  barb302 | Feb 25, 2012 |
Andy Carpenter, a New Jersey defense attorney,has become a talking head after a string of successful murder cases. After inheriting millions he sets up the Tara Foundation to rescue dogs. A friend who is a newspaper owner asks him toprotect his star reporter after he becomes the spokesperson for a serial killer. Good suspense and a surprise ending. ( )
  lindahallmann | Sep 11, 2009 |
a great character, lots of mystery, page turner ( )
  mrnazer | Jul 23, 2009 |
To Sara Ann Freed.
I am not a good enough writer to create a character with the grace, dignity, generosity, spirit, and courage that came so naturally to Sara Ann.
As soon as I walk in, the woman gives me the eye.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0446612863, Mass Market Paperback)

I watch sixteen football games over nine hours. It's an extraordinary accomplishment...With the remote secure in the palm of my hand, or more often resting on my chest, I am all powerful. I haven't missed an important play since the Carter administration. His streak of murder case acquittals made him a regular on cable talk shows. His recent $22 million inheritance bought him a dog rescue operation named after his beloved golden retriever. Now after turning down cases left and right, attorney Andy Carpenter feels like he's facing a midlife crisis. And just when he decides he needs some real work, a newspaper owner friend asks Andy to protect his star reporter. Daniel Cummings is being used as a mouthpiece by a serial killer...but the reporter gets way too close to his story when he's found near the murderer's latest victim. Quickly working to save what's left of Cummings's rep, Andy soon makes news himself when he starts receiving death threats-and moves dangerously close to becoming tomorrow's big obituary.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:59:52 -0400)

His streak of murder case acquttals made him a regular on cable talk shows. His recent $22 million inheritance bought him a dog rescue operation named after his beloved golden retriever. Now after turning down cases left and right, attorney Andy Carpenter feels like he's facing a midlife crisis and just when he decides he needs some real work, a newspaper owner friend asks Andy to protect his star reporter. Daniel Cummings is being used as a mouthpiece by a serial killer, but the report gets way too close to his story when he's found near the murderer's latest victim. Quickly working to save what's left of Cummings's rep, Andy soon makes news himself when he starts receiving death threats--and moves dangerously close to becoming tomorrow's big obituary.… (more)

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,357,790 books! | Top bar: Always visible