Bury the Lead by David Rosenfelt

Bury the Lead (edition 2005)

by David Rosenfelt

Recently added byCJSTheWriter, private library, mystlover, maryann01

Third in the Andy Carpenter series. Just okay not great. ( )
  librarian1204 | Apr 26, 2013 |
next in a fun series by writer david rosenfelt about a defense attorney. if you like mysteries this is a really good series. ( )
  barb302 | Feb 25, 2012 |
Andy Carpenter, a New Jersey defense attorney,has become a talking head after a string of successful murder cases. After inheriting millions he sets up the Tara Foundation to rescue dogs. A friend who is a newspaper owner asks him toprotect his star reporter after he becomes the spokesperson for a serial killer. Good suspense and a surprise ending. ( )
  lindahallmann | Sep 11, 2009 |
a great character, lots of mystery, page turner ( )
  mrnazer | Jul 23, 2009 |
Third in the Andy Carpenter, defense lawyer in New Jersey series. When a serial killer begins calling a local newspaper reporter with details of the killings, the city is in thrall watching the story unfold. When the reporter is found at the scene of the fourth victim with a head injury, the apparent victim of the killer, things get tense. When it’s learned that the murdered woman is a high-powered political watchdog, and some of the reporter’s statements don’t ring true, he’s suddenly arrested for her murder, and Andy’s on board as his defense attorney. I really like this series! The book is well-plotted with plenty of twists, turns and red herrings, although I have to admit I had one of those “that’s the bad guy!” moments when the person in question was introduced, I had no idea how or why the killings were done, and I doubted my gut feeling a few times along the way. You gotta read to the end of these books, that’s for sure! Well done. ( )
1 vote Spuddie | Sep 26, 2008 |
To Sara Ann Freed.
I am not a good enough writer to create a character with the grace, dignity, generosity, spirit, and courage that came so naturally to Sara Ann.
As soon as I walk in, the woman gives me the eye.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0446612863, Mass Market Paperback)

I watch sixteen football games over nine hours. It's an extraordinary accomplishment...With the remote secure in the palm of my hand, or more often resting on my chest, I am all powerful. I haven't missed an important play since the Carter administration. His streak of murder case acquittals made him a regular on cable talk shows. His recent $22 million inheritance bought him a dog rescue operation named after his beloved golden retriever. Now after turning down cases left and right, attorney Andy Carpenter feels like he's facing a midlife crisis. And just when he decides he needs some real work, a newspaper owner friend asks Andy to protect his star reporter. Daniel Cummings is being used as a mouthpiece by a serial killer...but the reporter gets way too close to his story when he's found near the murderer's latest victim. Quickly working to save what's left of Cummings's rep, Andy soon makes news himself when he starts receiving death threats-and moves dangerously close to becoming tomorrow's big obituary.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:59:52 -0400)

His streak of murder case acquttals made him a regular on cable talk shows. His recent $22 million inheritance bought him a dog rescue operation named after his beloved golden retriever. Now after turning down cases left and right, attorney Andy Carpenter feels like he's facing a midlife crisis and just when he decides he needs some real work, a newspaper owner friend asks Andy to protect his star reporter. Daniel Cummings is being used as a mouthpiece by a serial killer, but the report gets way too close to his story when he's found near the murderer's latest victim. Quickly working to save what's left of Cummings's rep, Andy soon makes news himself when he starts receiving death threats--and moves dangerously close to becoming tomorrow's big obituary.… (more)

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,601,906 books! | Top bar: Always visible