Bury the Lead by David Rosenfelt

Bury the Lead (edition 2005)

by David Rosenfelt

Fun, fast read. Light and easy. ( )
  Maureen_McCombs | Aug 19, 2016 |
A mad romp of a fast and fun read.

Andy Carpenter, high profile attourney with a long string of acquittals to his credit and inherited millions in his bank account takes on a case for an old friend. A case that he wishes he hadn't taken. The client is a newspaper writer who is currently the mouthpiece for a serial killer. When the client is found near the latest victim and is charged with the crime it looks like Andy's string of acquittals has reached its end.

With the help of a cast of characters and his dog, Andy cracks wise while trying to put together what few clues he can find to discover if his client is guilty or innocent. ( )
  ChazziFrazz | Jun 23, 2016 |
Entertaining light read.

Very worried about the main character's health in ten years' time though. His diet is pretty shocking and spending so much time in front of the TV during the football season is definitely a major concern. ( )
  quiBee | Jan 21, 2016 |
Another fun, short mystery that was well read & plotted. These are 'chip' books because I can't listen to just one. They're all pretty much the same, differing only in the details of the dilemma, but that doesn't mean they're not fun.

I liked it enough that I went looking for more books by this author & found out that the Tara Foundation, a dog rescue started in the last book, actually is a going concern run by the author. I have a book about it reserved & hope to listen to it soon. ( )
  jimmaclachlan | Aug 18, 2014 |
Third in the Andy Carpenter series. Just okay not great. ( )
  librarian1204 | Apr 26, 2013 |
To Sara Ann Freed.
I am not a good enough writer to create a character with the grace, dignity, generosity, spirit, and courage that came so naturally to Sara Ann.
As soon as I walk in, the woman gives me the eye.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0446612863, Mass Market Paperback)

I watch sixteen football games over nine hours. It's an extraordinary accomplishment...With the remote secure in the palm of my hand, or more often resting on my chest, I am all powerful. I haven't missed an important play since the Carter administration. His streak of murder case acquittals made him a regular on cable talk shows. His recent $22 million inheritance bought him a dog rescue operation named after his beloved golden retriever. Now after turning down cases left and right, attorney Andy Carpenter feels like he's facing a midlife crisis. And just when he decides he needs some real work, a newspaper owner friend asks Andy to protect his star reporter. Daniel Cummings is being used as a mouthpiece by a serial killer...but the reporter gets way too close to his story when he's found near the murderer's latest victim. Quickly working to save what's left of Cummings's rep, Andy soon makes news himself when he starts receiving death threats-and moves dangerously close to becoming tomorrow's big obituary.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:02 -0400)

His streak of murder case acquttals made him a regular on cable talk shows. His recent $22 million inheritance bought him a dog rescue operation named after his beloved golden retriever. Now after turning down cases left and right, attorney Andy Carpenter feels like he's facing a midlife crisis and just when he decides he needs some real work, a newspaper owner friend asks Andy to protect his star reporter. Daniel Cummings is being used as a mouthpiece by a serial killer, but the report gets way too close to his story when he's found near the murderer's latest victim. Quickly working to save what's left of Cummings's rep, Andy soon makes news himself when he starts receiving death threats--and moves dangerously close to becoming tomorrow's big obituary.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,419,089 books! | Top bar: Always visible