Love Unfinished by Darian Wilk

Love Unfinished (edition 2011)

by Darian Wilk

Member:myeclecticbooks
Title:Love Unfinished
Authors:Darian Wilk
Info:Publisher Unknown (2011), Paperback
Tags:to-read, owned-ebook

Love Unfinished by Darian Wilk

I really did like this book. The story caught my interest since it talks about an unfinished love ended by the tragic death of a juts married couple while they are going through their honey moon. The couple died, however they get to find each other in another life by separate paths. The woman Emma is married to a wealthy man, Craig who is a lawyer running for senator and the man James who is going to be Emma´s real love, is a business man divorce after his wife cheated on him.

The story get interest while we discovered the type of live Emma lives with his uncaring husband, who does not love her anymore but needs her as an important piece to keep his appearance to his social circle. Emma tire of being use get to realize she cannot longer live with a man who does not love her and does not treat her as a woman, after she tries by many ways to fix the relationship, but it is worthless.
After feeling frustrated and without hope on his marriage, one night in a rising fund dinner she met a man, who bedazzles her; a man who will be some one important for her. And here it comes the part I found interesting since the writer did not introduce the character of this new man in Emma´s life as he would be a savior right away; not really, it passed several chapters until we know again about James.

Before we get to see James again we need to know more about Emma´s married life and why is she tire of her married. At this point we get to see an abusive and a cheater man to his wife who scale in his professional life deceiving law and doing wrong this.

In the plot we also will find Olivia, Emma´s good friend who help her thorough his difficult time during his married. Olivia comes and goes as the savior for Olivia, which make up a planned to make Emma´s husband Craig to give her the divorce, but not alone, she is help by the house keeper Edward who is discovered at the final chapter s as Olivia´s partner in the plan to revealed Craig´s corruption activities.

The one thing I found quite wrong was at the final chapters because Olivia does not appeared in the latest moments of Emma´s life, taking account on that she was the one who helped her more to set free from Craig, in page 213, we read, ¨over the years Emma grew to be my best friend. We stood up in each other’s weddings, cried at the births o our children…¨ we see in here that Olivia´s character disappears without knowing more about her.

Finally, I found the book very entertained and excited to finish it to find out how Emma´s and James´ life would be, it is really good.
I think this book can give a nice plot for some kind of TV movie or soup opera chapter, something like that.
  Pamelangeles | Jul 3, 2014 |
If you are looking for a sweet romance with a touch of 'Lifetime' movie moment,
this is the book for you :)

To be honest, I had put off my review for this book for about a month now -
I liked the story, the writing was good, it moved along at a very good pace...
but I still feel like there was something missing - and I do not know how to put that feeling into typed words here, sigh...

The story starts with sweethearts, Carol and Ted, how they met, fall in love and then die tragically together on their wedding day...
Many, many years go by and we meet Emma and James. They meet and there is an instant familiarity and connection to each other. They just know that they are meant to be together.
I really love how Wilk was able to create the 'love-at-first' sight for both couples without making it feel like it was impossible or too soon.
However, there is a twist to the story that keeps Emma and James from being together - no spoilers here! This is where it gets to be like a 'Lifetime' type of movie for me - I don't mean that in a bad way at all! I liked it very much :) For me, it was a bit predictable, but I don't mind that at all.
The supporting characters turned into my favorites too! Emma's best friend, maid and butler - who would have thought that you could love every good character in a book! and hate the one that you're suppose to hate, like a lot, lol!

The only problem that I had was that I really wished that the connection to Emma and James' past lives had been tied into the story a lot more - there were a handful of 'mentions' here and there, but not enough for me, I wanted more of that!

And just when I thought that the story had ended, I noticed that there were too many pages leftover - I actually forgot about Carol and Ted, and why Emma and James wanted to be together... this is the part that I don't know how to explain, I'm just going to leave it that I got too into the main part of the story, and leave it at that.
The ending is truly the most sweetest ending I have ever read in a long time!

I enjoyed this and I think that anyone who loves a quick romantic read will enjoy it too :) ( )
  thebumblegirl | Feb 25, 2012 |

Love Unfinished Revised Edition (Nov 2012)

Soul mates from the past leave their love unfinished when a tragic car accident ends their lives on their wedding day. Yet they are destined to meet again to fulfill that love in new incarnations, leading vastly different lives.

Emma thought she chose the right path in life, but too late does she realize her mistake when her husband reveals the monster behind the smile. Their happily ever after - is a lie. Trapped in a broken marriage to a powerful, abusive man, Emma knows this is not the life she was meant to live. As her hope for real love withers, she meets James, her love from a lifetime ago.

Emma cannot deny the connection pulling them together, but her courage to abandon her marriage wavers, and unknowingly puts her life at risk. Are Emma and James fated to fulfill their love, or will they once again, leave love unfinished?

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:38:03 -0400)

Darian Wilk is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,926,368 books! | Top bar: Always visible