Love Unfinished by Darian Wilk

Love Unfinished (edition 2011)

by Darian Wilk

19None532,846 (4.5)None
Member:myeclecticbooks
Title:Love Unfinished
Authors:Darian Wilk
Info:Publisher Unknown (2011), Paperback
Tags:to-read, owned-ebook

Love Unfinished by Darian Wilk

If you are looking for a sweet romance with a touch of 'Lifetime' movie moment,
this is the book for you :)

To be honest, I had put off my review for this book for about a month now -
I liked the story, the writing was good, it moved along at a very good pace...
but I still feel like there was something missing - and I do not know how to put that feeling into typed words here, sigh...

The story starts with sweethearts, Carol and Ted, how they met, fall in love and then die tragically together on their wedding day...
Many, many years go by and we meet Emma and James. They meet and there is an instant familiarity and connection to each other. They just know that they are meant to be together.
I really love how Wilk was able to create the 'love-at-first' sight for both couples without making it feel like it was impossible or too soon.
However, there is a twist to the story that keeps Emma and James from being together - no spoilers here! This is where it gets to be like a 'Lifetime' type of movie for me - I don't mean that in a bad way at all! I liked it very much :) For me, it was a bit predictable, but I don't mind that at all.
The supporting characters turned into my favorites too! Emma's best friend, maid and butler - who would have thought that you could love every good character in a book! and hate the one that you're suppose to hate, like a lot, lol!

The only problem that I had was that I really wished that the connection to Emma and James' past lives had been tied into the story a lot more - there were a handful of 'mentions' here and there, but not enough for me, I wanted more of that!

And just when I thought that the story had ended, I noticed that there were too many pages leftover - I actually forgot about Carol and Ted, and why Emma and James wanted to be together... this is the part that I don't know how to explain, I'm just going to leave it that I got too into the main part of the story, and leave it at that.
The ending is truly the most sweetest ending I have ever read in a long time!

I enjoyed this and I think that anyone who loves a quick romantic read will enjoy it too :) ( )
  thebumblegirl | Feb 25, 2012 |

Love Unfinished Revised Edition (Nov 2012)

Soul mates from the past leave their love unfinished when a tragic car accident ends their lives on their wedding day. Yet they are destined to meet again to fulfill that love in new incarnations, leading vastly different lives.

Emma thought she chose the right path in life, but too late does she realize her mistake when her husband reveals the monster behind the smile. Their happily ever after - is a lie. Trapped in a broken marriage to a powerful, abusive man, Emma knows this is not the life she was meant to live. As her hope for real love withers, she meets James, her love from a lifetime ago.

Emma cannot deny the connection pulling them together, but her courage to abandon her marriage wavers, and unknowingly puts her life at risk. Are Emma and James fated to fulfill their love, or will they once again, leave love unfinished?

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:38:03 -0400)

Darian Wilk is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,428,885 books! | Top bar: Always visible