Wounded Heroes Book One: Kill Shot by Anne…

Wounded Heroes Book One: Kill Shot

by Anne Patrick

621,268,033 (5)None

Kory Wagner is a former combat medic who survived three tours in Iraq. Now she's home for good and wondering what her future holds. Right now that future includes trying to stay alive. Someone killed her sister and the PI she hired to investigate her sisters death. She's next on the list and comes very close to taking a bullet. Sheriff Sean Harding is called in from vacation when the body of a PI is found dead in a warehouse that's owned by Kory. She manages to escape the Sheriff's whole search party. Sean finds her backpack and a scrapbook that gives him a little more insight into who Kory really is. Kory has a hard time trusting but her gut tells her Sean is a good man. Can they find the killer before he gets his target?

Kill Shot is an excellent start to the Wounded Heroes Series and I for one can't wait for the next installment! Anne once again works her magic in blending just the right amount of humor, suspense and romance to keep you glued to the end. The characters were very well drawn and full of life. As always Anne gives us a strong, capable yet sensitive heroine. Kory is very easy to like! Anne also keeps you guessing until the end who's responsible for the killings. Sean is the perfect kind of hero. Confident and strong enough to handle a strong female. I loved the secondary characters! One of which was Kory's dog, Zinger and the other was her best friend, Digger, from the Army. I actually liked her whole Army unit. You could easily see why they were close knit. The subject of PTSD was realistically addressed as well as the roll faith has in a persons life. You realize how much of an impact having a loving church family can have on a persons life. It's a great reminder that as believers we are God's hands and arms to those who struggle. Anne Patrick is one of my favorite authors. If you haven't read one of her books I highly recommend you pick one up. If you are an Anne Patrick fan, Kill Shot is one you won't want to miss!! A thank you goes to the author for this complimentary copy for my review.
Publisher: Desert Breeze Publishing
ISBN: 978-1-61252-102-2
Release Date: November 15, 2011 ( )
  love2readnovels | Nov 28, 2011 |
I have to say I might be a bit bias, but I have loved all of Anne's book that I have read so far. When Anne contacted me about her newest book of course I said yes as the blurb sounded interesting.

Kory Wagner has come home after retiring from the Army. After several years and 3 tours through Iraq she thought the time had come to get out. Kory has seen too much distraction and heartache. She was a combat medic and watch her members of her own platoon get killed. She also made some good friends with the other members she served with. Digger for one is her best friend who always had her back along with practical jokes from the others.

When he sister is killed by a hit and run driver Kory starts to investigate. She was a medic too long and knew the mark Callie had were not from a hit and run driver. She hires a PI that Digger knows and went to meet him at the warehouse her grandfather left her. She gets there too late as there is another person there who shot the PI and was now shooting at her. Kory gets away but not before she gets the key to a post office box the PI had.

Sheriff Sean harding is on the scene after a woman had called 911 about the shooting. He starts finding out more about the woman who called in. Kory now has him trying to keep her safe from the killer and help figure out what really happened to Callie.

As soon as I started reading the book I was sucked into Kory's life. She suffers from PTS (Post Traumatic Syndrome). Sean tries to help as much as he can as she opens up a little bit each time. I guessing who was after Kory up till the end when the person responsible for the death and trying to kill her is revealed. The characters are well written and work well together. Anne does a great job again of keeping us guessing. This is a must read it has romance and suspense. ( )
  BarbsReviews | Nov 26, 2011 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,561,174 books! | Top bar: Always visible