Wicked Mourning by Heather Boyd

Wicked Mourning

by Heather Boyd

I loved the main characters and the plot, so much so that I wish it was either longer or had a good epilogue showing her baby's delivery. ( )
  fromjesstoyou | Mar 21, 2016 |
Okay I was expecting more than what this book actually was from the description. There was not any parts of this book that were wicked or anything. I was expecting an erotic regency book. But what this book is actually about is two people that have lost there spouse. Granted that there spouses were together and having an affair but it did not go into the affair. Nor did it have any wild romping sex scenes.

Maybe it is me but when someone puts erotic in the description of a book I expect something erotic scenes in the book. There was nothing erotic about this book. It was just a short story of two people having sex. I am glad that this was a free book and I did not pay anything for it. I would be asking for a refund.

The bunnies and I give this book 2-Carrots. ( )
  kybunnies | Oct 19, 2014 |
This book was entirely too short, but fantastic nonetheless. A great read for a steamy romance, and even in the short time they were together Reggie accepted her, baby and all. I loved that. ( )
  AllCrazyHere | May 7, 2014 |
I enjoyed this short story. It definitely was Wicked. Seldom do you find books or even movies, for that matter, that will broach on the subject of sex during pregnany or show it. I thought it was interesting that a man was so entranced with a woman that he didin't find a full pregnant belly as an hindurance to his needs or desires. At the end of this short story Ms. Boyd gives a glimpse into one of her other stories, "Chills (The Distinguished Rogues ~ Book 1)". I enjoyed it as well. I even put it on my wish list. ( )
  Sunflower38 | Apr 11, 2013 |

Widow, Clara Blackstone, is a faithful woman who has mourned her philandering husband for the last six months. Sheltered from pity and whispering tongues at a friend's country estate, Clara awaits the birth of her first child with mounting confusion. Despite the tiny life growing inside her, she dreams of passion in Reggie's arms. And the erotic fantasies grow more compelling every day. When Reginald Moore's wife died in the arms of her lover, Clara's husband, he whisked pregnant Clara away from false friends to his country estate to avoid the strain of the scandal. After six months of pretence, Reggie is done mourning his faithless wife and, despite his originally noble intentions, he longs to have Clara in his bed - unborn child and all. But are his skills of persuasion enough to convince Clara to set aside her grief for a faithless man and choose a new life with the one who stood by her, no matter the obstacle? Author's note: this story contains a red hot romance between two wicked mourners around one rather large baby bump. A regency short romp.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,937,827 books! | Top bar: Always visible