Little Women [abridged - Classic Starts] by…

Little Women [abridged - Classic Starts]

by Deanna McFadden, Louisa May Alcott, Lucy Corvino (Illustrator)

Other authors: Arthur Pober (Afterword)

I read Little Women and I really liked it. It was about 4 girls and how they have grown up. They go through all sorts of different adventures. The 4 girls are Meg, the oldest and most mature, Josephine (Jo), the second oldest , a tomboy and a little less mature, Beth, the second youngest, nicest with a big heart, and Amy, the youngest, a spoiled self centered girl. If you like hearing about people's lives and how they grow up, I think this book is for you. ( )
  EGeraci | Nov 11, 2013 |
Little Women, is about the lives of four sisters. It deals with the themes of true love and work. I love this book, because this book is reflective of my family, in that I have three sisters. I would use this book to teach children the importance of family, and working hard. This book has been re-told, by Deanna McFadden, and is now more readable to young children. I would suggest this book to children around grade 5 and up. ( )
  JaclynPoe | Oct 24, 2012 |
Little Women is about Jo,Amy,Beth and Meg March. Their father is in the war so he is not with them for christmas. The March sister's are poor and ( )
  rsteinberg | Nov 29, 2010 |
Christmas time is a greeting season. Hi, I’m Beth. I’m glad we have father and mother, even though we are poor. However, my sisters Jo, Margaret, and Amy disagree with me; they just want pretty things like other lucky girls have. Our father was sent to war, and leaving us behind, while our mother helps send food and clothes to our soldiers. One day, my sister Amy got in trouble for eating her classmates’ pickled limes, which had been forbidden. Her teacher CANED her hands in front of the entire class. When she got home, she found out that Jo was going out for a play without her, she was even ANGRIER than ever, and she burned Jo’s notebook, which was full of written stories, it was one of the most precious items to Jo, some of them were good enough to publish. Jo was mindedly furious. How does Amy conquer her fault? Will Jo forgive her? Will our family’s harmony shatter into pieces? If you want to find out about our fortune, you will have to read “LITTLE WOMEN” by LOUISA MAY ALCOTT.
  sasgrade4 | Feb 12, 2010 |

McFadden, Deannaprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Alcott, Louisa Maymain authorall editionsconfirmed
Corvino, LucyIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Pober, ArthurAfterwordsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Is an abridged version of

This Classic Starts abridgement by Deanna McFadden of Little Women is not the same as the main work by Louisa May Alcott.

An abridged version of the novel chronicling the joys and sorrows of the four March sisters as they grow into young women in mid-nineteenth-century New England.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,093,232 books! | Top bar: Always visible