Before (Heven and Hell) by Cambria Hebert

Before (Heven and Hell)

by Cambria Hebert

Before is the prequel to the Heaven and Hell series. I’m not quite sure what to make of it, as I haven’t read any of the books of the series, but I am intrigued! The main character is obsessed with a girl that he doesn’t really know, but you can tell that this going to add a lot to the plot—I think it has a lot of potential.

There is clearly something creepy going on with the plot, and the main character appears to be on some sort of murder cover up crew. There is obviously much, much more to the story then we find out in the prequel and I am very curious as to what that is.
  AboutToRead | May 23, 2012 |
Before is a nineteen page prequel for the Heven and Hell series by Cambria Hebert. The story does not reveal the mystery of the story to be told, but it does leave lingering questions and caress readers curiosity that will secure readers for the debut of Masquerade when it becomes available. The writing style previewed here shows promise for future titles from this author. This short glimpse has definitely peaked my interest, and I am anxious to see where this story will go from here.
  BookWhisperer | Jan 3, 2012 |
Originally posted on my blog: http://book-spark.blogspot.com/ Drop by for more reviews, giveaways, etc

"I got caught watching the one person I was supposed to not care about"...

Review: Told from alternating points of view of Sam and Heven, this prequel to Masquerade grabs you from the very beginning. I usually make notes while reading, but I hardly knew when it began and when it had ended!
As for characters, I love Sam, who seems to be the unrequited love type (god, I love those!), but I don’t really like Heven. What I don’t understand is his love for her. She’s just an average girl. What’s so special about her that Sam falls in love without ever having talked to her? I do adore her name though. Sam is such a mediocre name compared to Heven. I definitely can’t wait to see Heven in Masquerade - how she changes and becomes worthy of such adoration and all that.
The cliffhanger end rivals those of the Vampire Diaries. I reached the last page and all I could think of was No no no no no! I NEED to know what happens! NOW! :P So don’t get Before without Masquerade! I'm warning you!

Recommended for: Fans of Maggie Stiefvater and anything paranormal!

Questions I can't wait to get answered in Masquerade: What exactly is Sam? What happened to Heven? How will it affect her personality? Why is the “deal” so important? Why is Sam required to pretend Heven doesn’t exist? ( )
  anaavu | Nov 26, 2011 |

Cambria Hebert is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,366,523 books! | Top bar: Always visible