Claimed by Rebecca Zanetti

I'm kind of hooked wanting to know what happens to everyone. I really like all of the characters so I'm invested in the series, I just didn't like some of the things that Dage did to Emma. Pretty sure if my mate locked me in a room it would take more than a day and super hot nookie to get over it! He is so Alpha that it's almost too much for me. That said, I did enjoy this one and will read the next :) ( )
  Chrystina.Williams | Dec 4, 2015 |
Summary
Emma Paulsen is a geneticist, but she also has other psychic gifts, where she can she future events. She has just been kidnapped by Kurjans, who will stop at nothing to destroy everything good, including her sister, and her mate…the King of the Realm, Dage Kayrs. While being transported she finds herself being rescued by the one man who haunts her dreams and visions. But despite her feelings for Dage, she wants her own freedom. She is determined to never be under a mans rule again, or his fist. But she soon learns that Dage is nothing like her father, who was a drunk. But just as Emma and Dage are starting to begin their mating dance, a threat looms over them, a threat that threatens the life of every vampire mate and animal shifter. A virus that the Kurjans have created and released, a virus that if Emma doesn’t find the cure in time, could destroy her sister and her unborn child. But the consequences could tear Dage apart forcing him to choose between his mate and the people he has led for centuries.

The Hero
Dage, has taken the role of a leader well, but all he knows is how to fight. He was trained to be a killer, to protect those under his domain, and despite his position as King, he knows where his true talents lie. He is the oldest of four brothers, brothers that he will do everything in his power to protect no matter the cost. He has been searching for his mate for years, and now he has finally found her and will keep her no matter what. What an alpha male Dage was, but oh how delicious…I could gobble him up. He is a King of vampires and shifters alike, he is commanding, needs to have control, is a true leader that demands respect due him. What I admired about Dage was seeing him unravel trying to work things out with Emma, who is just as stubborn and headstrong as he is. Dage is full of pride and arrogance which tends to get him into trouble especially with his mate, who fights him at every turn.

The Heroine
Emma, is the oldest, and all of her life, she has only known the role of “protector”. Her father was a mean drunk, and would beat them but Emma most especially since she protected her sister Cara. Emma never has let go of that control of a situation, and doesn’t know how to share protective duties. It tends to get her into mischief and all sorts of trouble with Dage. At first she wants her independence and to live her own life, but her heart says differently. She craves Dage, even though she won’t admit it to herself. Emma was a fantastic heroine. Emma is intelligent, sassy, stubborn, and loyal and what a match for Dage. She is no door mat, and despite the abuse she has suffered, fights Dage at every turn, especially when he goes all Neanderthal on her.

Plot and Story Line
Claimed starts off with excitement and I was instantly hooked, I could barely put this one down. I had such a difficult time putting this one aside, and could barely keep myself from getting too excited. I still can’t believe that it took me this long to get back to this series. I read the first book ages ago, when a fellow blogging friend recommended her to me, and I just adore vampire romances, especially this type of vampire romance. When I first started reading this one, it made me want to read the first book again, which I may end up doing soon. However I have decided to carry on with this series. I am hooked completely, and just can’t get enough. Where has this author been my whole life? hehehe. I adore her writing, and she writes with such an intense and you are overcome with a irresistible feeling that you just have to have your Zanetti fix…its like a drug only better, where the only side effect is complete satisfaction and yearning for more of this talent that sweeps you away. If you have yet to read this author, you are missing out. She has a way with creating stories that entice and pull you magically into her stories of danger, passion, and riveting emotion. The plot is pretty intense, and whew what a climax, and all of the relationships between the brothers was entertaining, they do know how to act like a real family–with plenty of broken bones and bloody noses and a teasing that made me reminisce about my own family relationships. The love story is the center theme, but there is plenty more happening surrounding it, that envelops you like a cocoon. There are some pretty steamy scenes here, and boy is there enough sexual tension to level any playing field. A must read for any paranormal romance lover that needs something different but exhilarating.

The Cover
i adore the dramatic colors, with the purple and the yellow. Seeing the overlook beneath the couple, I love the almost kiss look we have…just draws you in from the moment you first see it and the first time I saw it I had a hard time getting back to reality.

Overall View
An engrossing romantic tale of suspense, intrigue, dangerous villains one step ahead of the good guys, a love story that is packed with emotion and sensuality, and a story to entice you for more! CAPTIVATING! ( )
  addictofromance | Mar 16, 2015 |
I really, really liked Emma. She was such a kickass heroine that it made me give it one more star than I would've originally gave it. Dage was a little too alpha for me and it bring the story to a whole new level of obsessiviness towards Emma. I liked the plot a whole lot and I'm really excited to read about Conn and Moira. ^^ ( )
  msralways | Aug 19, 2014 |
There was nothing original about this book at all. ( )
  LaCello | Sep 21, 2013 |
Emma Paulsen is a genetic scientist, a seer of the future, and a possessor of the 3 Bs – brains, beauty and bravery. She’s more than a match for Dage Kayrs, King of the Realm, 300+-yr-old vampire and wielder of several known (visions, teleportation, controller of the elements) and unknown powers.

This story picks up where Fated left off. Emma has been kidnapped by the Kurjans and is on her way to be forced to mate with their new leader. Dage has no intention of letting that happen because Emma is his destined mate and Queen to his King. As she’s trying to figure out a way to escape a Black Hawk helicopter he tracks her down, rescues her and takes her back with him. Being a vampire with special powers sure comes in handy.

A lab is acquired for her and Dage’s brother, Kane, to do research to counteract some nasty viruses the evil Kurjans have spent the last hundred years developing. Several of their people are infected and it’s a race against time while they try to find a cure, find the spy in their midst and fight the Kurjans. Plus, avert a possible war with the Demons. And a possible war with the Irish Coven when Conn, Dage’s brother, goes to Ireland to claim his mate. Just another day in the life of the King of the Realm.

There are several side stories in Claimed also as we meet the leader of the Demons, some leaders of shifter groups, a few witches and some prophets. All of the threads introduced in Fated are coming together with threads from Claimed and we’re starting to see a picture forming. Questions are answered and more are posed. Rebecca Zanetti is a cruel cruel wench for keeping us on tenterhooks.

The Kayrs brothers are definitely HOT, their mates are no simpering misses, the action is fast-paced, the characters well-formed, the love scenes smokin’, the fight scenes action-packed without being overly long and tedious (as some tend to be) and the mystery is compelling.

*The publisher provided me with a review copy. Please see disclaimer page on my blog. ( )
  AVoraciousReader | Feb 2, 2013 |

A Daring Rescue: Emma Paulsen is a geneticist driven by science. But she's also a psychic, so when a dark, good-hearted vampire frees her from the clutches of the evil Kurjans, she realizes he must be the man who's been haunting her dreams. But with a virus threatening vampires' mates, Emma may discover a whole new meaning of "lovesick"...A Deadly Decision: As King of the Realm, Dage Kayrs has learned to practice diplomacy. Still, it's taken three hundred years to find his mate, so he'll stop at nothing to protect her - even if it means turning his back on his own kind...

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:13 -0400)

"Emma Paulsen is a geneticist driven by science. But she's also a psychic, so when a dark, good-hearted vampire frees her from the clutches of the evil Kurjans, she realizes he must be the man who's been haunting her dreams. But with a virus threatening vampires' mates, Emma may discover a whole new meaning of 'lovesick'... As King of the Realm, Dage Kayrs has learned to practice diplomacy. Still, it's taken three hundred years to find his mate, so he'll stop at nothing to protect her--even if it means turning his back on his own kind..."--P. [4] of cover.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,988,856 books! | Top bar: Always visible