The Wolf Within (Alpine Woods Shifters) by…

The Wolf Within (Alpine Woods Shifters)

by Sondrae Bennett

Rating: 4 ½ stars

Brendan is a wolf shifter. Someone’s finally come home and he couldn’t be happier. He’s a very possessive man – a total alpha. He lives in a town called Alpine Woods.

Julie’s family is there to welcome her home. She’s had years of misunderstanding that needs to be fixed. Her sister Laurie owns a bookstore with her called “Books and Crannies”. It makes me think of the old-time bookstores.

Julie seems to have self-worth issues. She’s different from the rest of her family and sees that as a big problem. But isn’t that what makes each of us unique. Brendan has his work cut out for himself – especially when someone else is added into the picture.

As with all shifters, protection of mates is very important. What a way to show your love for someone. The only problem is that women are more independent these days and have something to say when a male gets too protective.

The only complaint I have is that this story was over too quickly. I just wanted it to go on a little longer. The only good thing is that I know this is a series and that book four “Worth Waiting For” just came out in May. Paranormal stories are great in that anything is possible. “The sky’s the limit”. Nothing is out of bounds. The world of the paranormal doesn’t exist – or does it? Only you can decide. You can also stop by Sondrae’s Corner, http://sondraebennett.blogspot.com/, to find out what is also going on with her. ( )
  elylibrarysec | Jul 3, 2012 |
I have enjoyed reading these novellas and liked the last two couples, but I definitely loved Julie and Brendan. Something about them having a little bit of a history and the threat that always loomed in the background just made this book much more alluring to me. Sondrae has writing short, fast paced, hot novellas down. There is just enough story there to leave me happy, but always wanting more. I could easily see any of these being a full length novel and would love to see more from all of the shifters we have seen mentioned so far.

Brendan has known Julie is his mate for quite some time, but the age difference and her three alpha brothers has kept him at a distance until she finally returns from college. Julie has always secretly pined for Brendan, but thought he was meant for her sister, so she has tried to bury her feelings. These two don’t wait long to clear the air though and get together pretty quickly. Luckily, they do slow down which gave me time to connect with them emotionally and let them just enjoy their time together.

We do get to briefly catch up with some of the other siblings and see how their lives have changed since we left them. And we find out that one of them is pregnant, but you’re going to have to read to figure out which one. I like that Sandrae lets us revisit characters we have already read about. I get so attached to the characters I read about, so getting to see that they are okay and doing well is always enjoyable.

Overall, I have really enjoyed this series and look forward to more stories in the future. I ate up all three novellas in one weekend and am definitely ready for Cody’s story now. Looks like I have quite a wait though since it is not due out until May, but I know I will enjoy it once it does release. If you are looking for a quick, great paranormal romance novella then this series is for you! :) ( )
  ABookwormsHaven | Nov 21, 2011 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,412,933 books! | Top bar: Always visible