Lunchtime by Rebecca Cobb

Lunchtime

by Rebecca Cobb

Read five times yesterday with a toddler not too far from three year old. With only a handful of words on each page much emphasis is needed from the reader to keep the excitement going. My son was more fascinated with the wolf not finishing his apple! The pictures are lovely and the story is typical of any child engrossed in their activities.

As an adult I wasn't that keen on the white background as it just looked like too much white space but this does make the illustrations stand out. I also felt that one second the animals weren't there and the next they were under the table - it just jumped. But the little fella enjoyed it so never mind.

For a toddler to be read to, then it is a nice story but you'll need plenty more as it only takes minutes to get from cover to cover even if you're talking about the illustrations. However, for when he is a little older and starting words on his own then I think this will be a good one as there's not much writing on each page. Really nice and one I can see being used when we only have a few minutes to spare. ( )
  BabySmith | Mar 18, 2012 |

PICTURE STORYBOOKS. It's lunchtime for one little girl, but she's just not hungry. A visiting crocodile, bear and wolf, however, are starving. It's just as well that children taste revolting! A beautifully illustrated tale of food, friendship and fun. Ages 2+… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,360,206 books! | Top bar: Always visible