Wander Dust by Michelle Warren

I have a weakness for stories about secret societies- it's rare that I'll dislike a book with a good dose of secrets, riddles and mysteries. This book is no exception- it is fantastic!

Seraphina is a fantastic lead character. I connected to her personality from the first pages, and really enjoyed her outlook on life. She's honest, strong, and independent, which are all great qualities to have in a leading-lady. Her "perfect match" in this book, is her intense "stalker boy." When his identity is finally revealed, he turns out to be just as strong, independent, and incredibly mysterious, which are great qualities for a main guy's character. The other characters surrounding these two are so unique, it's difficult to describe them. They're all quirky and different, they're able to bring a sense of wonder to the story.

The adventure and fantasy world Seraphina finds her self is one I could see becoming a popular story. The new world and reality she finds herself in, is one I think most people would dream about. Filled with danger, head-spinning twists, and a good dose of "no-way!" moments, this is a book I've quickly fallen in love with. The writing is fluid and quick, keeping the story moving at a great pace. I'm excited to read the sequel, and would recommend this book to any YA Paranormal Fantasy Fan.

*I was given an eCopy of this book, from the author via Girls *Heart* Books Tours, to read in exchange for an honest review.

Be sure to check out my blog post for this book! Includes book trailers, teaser pics, a quiz, book info, and for a limited time, a giveaway!! Check it out here: http://desertrosereviews.blogspot.com/2013/11/seraphina-parrish-review-tour-give... ( )

Rose.Wallin | Jan 20, 2016 |
**Review written for an originally posted on my blog, Book Bliss. I received a copy of this book in exchange for an unbiased and honest review**
Review: 5 stars

General: Magic + time travel = fantastic and a read for really any age. This book could have been a disaster for readers to follow once the paranormal elements began to be explained. A books biggest downfall can be it’s worldbuilding. Wander Dust delivered 100%. Along with vivid settings and amusing descriptions of things the explanation of both the magical powers and the ability of time traveling was extremely well done. It was imaginative enough as well that it added the originality needed to keep a reader hooked on another magical YA. I think the romance in the book was age appropriate and not over done to the point where you’re left wondering if it’s appropriate for any of a younger age.

I do think my favorite element is the setting. We are still in the world we know and it’s not post apocalyptic or anything, it’s just full of things hiding…like Harry Potter and Mortal Instruments.

There were editing issues that did pull me from the story more than once but overall I felt the story compensated for the errors o the extent that I didn’t completely notice them. Also, I felt Sera was a fantastic character but the supporting ones, while interesting, were not as easy to love.

Characters: Sera- Sera was a well written character. I do think she felt a little too old for her age but such is always an issue in YA…sometimes they feel too young and sometimes they feel to old. I thought she was intelligent and retained what many traits of how she acted prior to finding hers.

Bishop- Bishop is a sexy character that oozes chemistry when put next to Sera. He was a bit hard to read for most of the book and I can’t wait to learn more about him. As of right now I like him, but I wouldn’t say I love him. ( )
  BookBliss2013 | Dec 12, 2013 |

Ever since her sixteenth birthday, strange things keep happening to Seraphina Parrish. The Lady in Black burns Sera’s memories. Unexplainable Premonitions catapult her to other cities. The Grungy Gang wants to kill her. And a beautiful, mysterious boy stalks her. But when Sera moves to Chicago, and her aunt reveals their family connection to a centuries-old secret society, she is immediately thrust into an unbelievable fantasy world, leading her on a quest to unravel the mysteries that plague her. In the end, their meanings crash into an epic struggle of loyalty and betrayal, and she’ll be forced to choose between the boy who has stolen her heart and the thing she desires most. Wander Dust is the breathtaking fantasy that will catapult you through a story of time, adventure, and love.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:13 -0400)

Ever since her sixteenth birthday, strange things keep happening to Seraphina Parrish. The Lady in Black burns Sera's memories. Unexplainable Premonitions catapult her to other cities. The Grungy Gang wants to kill her. And a beautiful, mysterious boy stalks her. But when Sera moves to Chicago, and her aunt reveals their family connection to a centuries-old secret society, she is immediately thrust into an unbelievable fantasy world, leading her on a quest to unravel the mysteries that plague her. In the end, their meanings crash into an epic struggle of loyalty and betrayal, and she'll be forced to choose between the boy who has stolen her heart and the thing she desires most. Wander Dust is the breathtaking fantasy that will catapult you through a story of time, adventure, and love.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,641,682 books! | Top bar: Always visible