Bodyguard by Jennifer Ashley
Recently added byprivate library, Tricialenht, mariannedawnl, angels_gp, deep220, smilen-jade, momsescape, LadyTi

~ 5 Bodyguard Stars ~

Bodyguard is #2.5 in [a:Jennifer Ashley|28569|Jennifer Ashley|https://images.gr-assets.com/authors/1235782216p2/28569.jpg] Shifters Unbound series. Each novella can be read only, but they fit perfectly in the book series. I get goosebumps every time I read Bodyguard. It is my favorite novella next to Hard Mated in the Shifter Unbound series. I just want a sexy lovable bear shifter all too myself.

Jennifer Ashely knows how to write a story. The written flows, the characters are interesting, and the world building is exquisite. She knows how to pull you into her world and shows you that shifters have much more power then humans believe. The mate-bond is explained remarkably well. The Romance between Elizabeth and Ronan is sweet and there love making is sensual.

I just want to eat Ronan up. He is delicious and oh so caring! He adopted a bunch of cubs that have had traumatic experiences and are facing problems like Cherie with her PTSD, Rebecca's PMS, and the boys Olaf and Scott's night terror dreams. He knows just want to do to help each one out and makes a loving and caring home for them.

Olaf is adorable! When he is introduced you can’t help but fall in love with this cub. I just love seeing him and how he attaches himself to Elizabeth.

Elizabeth is cautious and does not trust easily, but when she meets Ronan he knows just what to do to break down her walls. Experience has taught her you don't trust anyone for any reason. People will turn on you once they are done with your problems. She longs for security and safety.

I loved this part in Bodyguard where Ronan is trying to make Elizabeth feel comfortable on their ride to shiftertown. She has just dealt with a man trying to robe and kill her, going to the courtroom to help Ronan out and getting a call that her sister is in danger.
""You've heard the story of Goldilocks and the Three Bears?"
"Sure, but what has that got to do with--"
"That story is total bullshit." Ronan laughed, the rumble of it filling the truck. "At my house, nothing's too hard or too soft. Everything is just right.”"

I also adored how Elizabeth describes Ronan "He had one tatt, a Celtic interlocking pattern that laced across the small of his back. His buzzed short hair was dark brown, almost black, but highlights of light brown. His bear's fur had the same rippling, rich brown color.”

I recommend picking up Shifters Unbound series. The novellas are heartwarming and easy to read. We are introduced to shifters of all kinds in this series, we get heartwarming romances, and a little action. It’s a fun light romance read!

angels_gp | Apr 26, 2018 |
Read for Fun (Library Book)
Overall Rating: 5.00
Story Rating: 5.00
Character Rating: 5.00

First Thought when I Finished: Bodyguard by Jennifer Ashley is going down as one of my top 5 favorite "novellas" of all time.

Quick Thoughts: I usually don't like novellas (too short, not enough story, to quick to fall in love) but this one packed one heck of a punch! Great Story! Great Characters! Love that didn't feel rushed! I now want a bear shifter!

Part of my Read It, Rate It, File It, DONE! Reviews ( )
  thehistorychic | Feb 16, 2015 |
Meet Olaf. He's a cute, traumatised 9-year-old polar bear cub struggling to master English, his second language.

His past is so sad it brought out my maternal instincts, especially when he was too scared to sleep alone. And he's not the only vulnerable character in Ronan's informal foster home for abused bears. There are three others. Ronan's Papa Bear act is surprisingly sweet. He's a gentle giant who works as a bouncer, exuding a fierce and dangerous demeanor as a bulky 7ft shifter. His gentle treatment of Scott, who's in the midst of transition (shifter puberty) is a violently erratic mess, is heart-melting. Goldilocks Elizabeth isn't unaffected by this. She's an ex-resident of foster homes herself and knows just how bad they can be but the love she feels in Ronan's home encourages her trust of him. Understandably, due to her childhood and romantic past trusting someone is something she never wants to do again.

The romance didn't do it for me but the foster home deal did. I was disappointed that not all of the abused bears' stories were told in enough detail to satisfy my curiosity. I was hungry for more information on their histories, the resulting effects and how they'd grown since coming under Ronan's care. I even wanted more Olaf despite him getting the most page time.

I recommend all Shifter Unbound fans read this novella because it fills in some informational gaps on, for example, transition and shifter-human cubs, with a brief introduction to Kim and Liam's 3-month-old baby, Katriona Sinead Niamh Morrissey.

Favourite Quote
'Elizabeth brought her hand up, aimed the can of pepper spray at his face, and gave him a full dose. The bear blinked, drew back, blinked again, sat down on his hind legs, and rocked his head all the way back. Then sneezed.
The noise exploded into the room like a sonic boom, vibrating papers on the desk and rattling the Victorian prints on the wall in their prim and proper frames.' ( )
  Cynical_Ames | Sep 23, 2014 |
I enjoyed this book. It was action packed, interesting and fun! I usually don't like Novella's but I enjoyed this one! I recommend however, that you read the first two books before you read this one. ( )
  emaleszewski | Mar 2, 2014 |
Simple and sweet, I'm a fan of bear shifters. There's always hugging and honey. ( )
  Capnrandm | Apr 15, 2013 |

"Elizabeth Chapman is saved from an armed robber by a giant Kodiak bear who shifts into a large, well-muscled, and fully naked human male. But when it's revealed that the robber is the brother of a dangerous criminal, Elizabeth finds herself the target of a vendetta. Ronan, the Bear Shifter, takes her to Shiftertown for safety, where Elizabeth learns that the mateless Ronan, alone in the world, takes care of Shifters who have also been left on their own. Having grown up in foster care, Elizabeth can only admire how protective Ronan is. But Ronan will only let Elizabeth leave the confines of Shiftertown if he becomes her 24/7 bodyguard. Elizabeth chafes at the restriction, but agrees. The trouble is, the sassy human Elizabeth is triggering Ronan's long-buried need to find himself a mate." -- P. [4] of cover.… (more)

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,509,534 books! | Top bar: Always visible