Nerds are Freaks Too by Koko Brown

611,268,033 (3)None
Recently added bymom2lnb, RtB

Reviewed by EmmaRae
Review copy provided by Ellora's Cave
Friends find romance: The storyline that never grows old. This is a very short book which accomplishes a lot. I loved both main characters, especially Leo. The author does an impressive job showing us who he is and he's not superficial in the least. I love their friendship, and though it's only a few pages in that he admits he wants Roxanne, it's done perfectly! Roxanne, of course, doesn't feel the chemistry until she has time to digest Leo's offer.

The freaky part, however, was the drawback. It was just that--freaky. Roxanne claims to want something more in the bedroom, and Leo wants to teach her. But other than saying that, it doesn't show in the dialogue, thoughts, or actions of the book. I can't really go into reasons for this because I don't want to give away the book. I will say the spanking scene was strange. I don't find spanking erotic at all, however I have read books where it is. The scene was ripe for something to happen, but it didn't fit with the before and after and seemed superficial. Then after the spanking, and considering the title, the end was rather vanilla. It sounded like the author just tried to throw in something for a title, which is disappointing because everything else was done very well and the book didn't need it.

I don't mean to sound harsh. I'm going to look for more from this author, because it was well written and I loved the characters. If the title makes you want to avoid this book, go ahead and buy it. This is definitely an erotic short, with the chemistry and storyline adding support most little novellas lack. Lovely way to end an evening, curled up with this little “break from reality” on your ereader. ( )
  RtB | Nov 20, 2011 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,453,612 books! | Top bar: Always visible