Michael Belmont and the Tomb of Anubis by…

Michael Belmont and the Tomb of Anubis

by Ethan Russell Erway

Very good books for kids getting into chapter book reading. It has werewolves, fairies, and castles. What child wouldn't be interested in all that? I will definitely pass this on to a few little boys that I know that love these types of stories. ( )
  demonite93 | Nov 26, 2014 |
This would be an excellent book for young readers. It is full of adventure and mysteries to keep any reader interested and reading. The importance and family and the desire to protect each other comes out strongly in the story. Mr. Erway has done an excellent job of weaving his story in with the ancient secrets that the family is searching for and the family secrets that come out throughout the story.

Even though it is a book for young adults it will keep adult readers enthralled with the twists and turns in the story. Part fantasy and part archaeological it seems to have something to keep all readers involved. Michael Belmont is a young Indiana Jones. Very good read and I look forward to the second volume of Michael's adventures. ( )
  qstewart | Jul 16, 2012 |
I received this book in a LT.com Member giveaway. It is a YA novel about a young teenager whose parents are archeologists. While in Egypt on an expedition, they disappear. Michael, his sister, and a friend set out to find them and solve the mystery. It caught me by surprise when dead Egyptian gods and werewolves, among other creatures, appeared and interacted with the main characters. Once I wrapped my head around that, I enjoyed this book.
  milliebeverly | Apr 20, 2012 |
Michael Belmont and his sister Abby go to stay with their friend Liam while their parents and Liam's father go to investigate a necropolis in Egypt. When their parents go missing they take matters into their hands. A combination of Egyptian and Scottish mythology make this a fun and interesting read. I'm not entirely sure why the Scottish mythology portion of the story was necessary here but as this is the first in a planned series I'm going to assume it will be explored more fully in later books. This book is fast paced and interesting and will appeal to adults as well as younger readers. ( )
  reb922 | Mar 5, 2012 |
What a wonderful book. It's a combination of Egyptian mythology, celtic lore and wonderful characters. Michael, his sister Abby and Liam are three young children who are entirely believable and delightful to read about. The story begins in a fabulous Scottish castle and continues to Egypt. I could hear the ghost bagpiper piping as I read the story. I encourage anyone who likes Indiana Jones to read this book. It is a lot of fun for both children and adults alike! I can't wait for the second book to arrive! ( )
  ljldml | Feb 6, 2012 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Ethan Russell Erway's book Michael Belmont and the Tomb of Anubis was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Ethan Russell Erway is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,145,371 books! | Top bar: Always visible