Any Dream Will Do by Maria Duffy

Any Dream Will Do

by Maria Duffy

611,268,033 (4)None

You can also read my review here: http://bookbybookreview.blogspot.com/2011/12/review-any-dream-will-do.html

How did I hear about Maria Duffy and her debut novel? Twitter. So how fitting is it that her book be about just that? Twitter is an amazing tool for meeting people but if this book has taught me anything, it's that you can't always trust the person on the other end of the Tweet-Up!

What a fun concept for a novel. I found myself laughing out loud at so many of the situations that Jenny finds herself in. Who hasn't told a complete lie about themselves online, even if it is a teeny tiny one? Come on now, if you said you haven't then you are even lying to yourself! Having been part of many different online communities, Any Dream Will Do had me thinking about people I 'know', 'friends' I have made, and those I listen to for 'advise'. It's really kind of scary!! I 'trust' these people with my stories and yet, I don't really know them at all.

With twists and turns all throughout, this book was one that I could not stop reading. I was desperate to see what could possibly happen next and who it would happen to. Meeting the real Jenny, Zahra, Fiona and Kerry was a blast and I hope that Maria thinks about having a sequel somewhere down the road.

On a sidenote, as a contender for Holiday Reads 2011, this one was a no-go... it took place in December and had snowflakes on the cover - with a few mentions of the fluffy stuff - but it's definitely NOT a holiday read (meaning it's not a Christmas book... but worthy of a read over the holidays).

Overall, a great debut novel. I expect great things from Maria Duffy in the future! ( )
  LindsayGentles | Jan 25, 2012 |

It's Christmas and single Dubliner Jenny Breslin is feeling a little gloomy. She's made a couple of friends on Twitter, and decides it's time to meet them 'in real life'. But once her pals arrive at her house, Jenny finds herself pining for the past and wondering if people are ever who they claim to be.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,803,852 books! | Top bar: Always visible