Robert E. Howard's Weird Works Volume 1:…

Robert E. Howard's Weird Works Volume 1: Shadow Kingdoms

by Robert E. Howard

I downloaded free copies of "Weird Works" Volumes 1, 2, & 4 to read the short stories that were new to me. Transpires that all the unread material were short poems, so I soon got through these books.

I'm no fan of poetry, but Howard's style is palatable. The prose tales in this collection are the main attraction and I recommend them to anyone new to the works of this great writer. ( )
  PhilSyphe | Jan 25, 2017 |
This is where heroic fantasy all begins. Before Tolkein and all the others, there was a man from Texas who created worlds and populate them with fantastic characters.

If you want to see the genesis of R.E. Howard's creations, read these stories. I love this series of books.
  sdawson | Jul 18, 2006 |
This book does not contain the same stories as the Cosmos mass market paperback Shadow Kingdoms (ISBN 0843959053). Please do not combine them.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 080954461X, Paperback)

Shadow Kingdoms is the first volume of the Weird Works of Robert E. Howard, presenting all of Howard's work from the classic magazine Weird Tales, meticulously restored to its original texts. This volume begins with "Spear and Fang," Howard's first professional fiction sale, and concludes with "Red Thunder," a gripping sword & sorcery tale. Series characters present in this volume include King Kull and Solomon Kane.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:37 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,026,440 books! | Top bar: Always visible