Wedded in Scandal (A Bridal Favors Novel) by…

Wedded in Scandal (A Bridal Favors Novel)

by Jade Lee

Lady Helaine was once a member of the Ton, and was raised in society, but then when it became a scandal that her father was stealing from others, they were cast out. Her father disappeared, and she and her mother were forced to provide for themselves. So in order to keep them from starving and living on the streets, Helaine's takes a new identity as a "Mrs. Mortimer" and she then designs gowns for young ladies in high society. When put in a hard position of asking for money instead of credit, since she will need food and more supplies in cloth and accessories, she decides to go to the Viscount Redhill. Robert is outraged when the Mrs. Mortimer comes to call and demands that he pay for his sister wedding trousseau, and believing the amount to be way more than he thought it would cost, he forces her out of his home, and threatens to call the magistrate on her. When Helaine returns home, she knows she will have to take swift action, but then Robert's sister, devises a plan for Helaine to get supplies. Helaine has been forced to take certain measures to get credit at certain suppliers, but when Robert and his sister demand to come along, she concedes reluctantly. A disaster ends up happening, and Helaine has lost her one and only source of materials. Then Robert declares his intentions to have her as his mistress. Even though that is the last thing that Helaine could ever desire, she finds she can't resist his tender embraces, or the way he heightens her senses with his kisses. When Helaine's past comes to light, he wonders if there will be a way to overcome the past and build a future together as husband and wife.

Over the years I have heard so many great things about Jade Lee. When I found Wedded In Scandal on the shelves of my local library, I couldn't resist trying it out. Especially since this whole series was there, and I wanted to try out the first one in the series. I don't always have the chance to read a series in order, but I do want to try in this series. I do love Regency romances that have a setting of a hidden identity and where a character has to get creative to survive. I truly fell in love with Helaine for the most part, strong and independent and smart. She had spunk and fire to her personality, she didn't just give into any demands, but went after what she desired. Robert, is like most hero's from this time period-Handsome, Arrogant, Stiff and proper. But underneath is a man that has a secret that could ruin him just as Helaine's secret could destroy all that she has built. Even though they seem to be from opposite worlds, they both have a unique bond with each other, and seem to connect because underneath the surface they are more alike than different.

I found the style of this story, very original in its own way. There were certain things, such as the basic story line that was very similar to many other Regency era romances that I have read. However, as I read Wedded In Scandal I found that it was way more intriguing than I thought it would be. I found it to be so captivating and witty and charming that I couldn't put it down, having only read it under a couple of hours. Yes it is slight shorter with only 300 pages, but I flew through the pages faster than I have in a book for a long time. There was a certain detail to the story that pulled me in from the beginning. I couldn't help but admire the compelling writing of Jade Lee as she weaves a tale of in depth characters and a plot with fast paced tension to sweep you away into a beautifully crafted love story of passion and desire.

Overall I couldn't help but fall in love with Jade Lee and the first installment in the Bridal Favors Series of Wedded In Scandal. A truly sensational read that is refreshing and emotionally driven!!! A WONDERFUL STORY!!! WOW!! ( )
  addictofromance | Dec 7, 2014 |
There is a small store in London where magic happens at the end of a needle. In the newest series from bestselling author, Jade Lee you'll be whisk inside A Lady's Favor dress shop. Once inside, you won't want to leave.

Filled with ribbons of humor, flounces of intrigue and woven together in the fabric of love, Ms. Lee's Bridal Favors series brings Regency England to life.

Each book in this new series will feature a different woman who by circumstances, usually not good circumstances, comes to own or work at the dress shop. Beginning with the prequel to the series, Engaged in Wickedness, her heroine Lady Gwendolyn is a woman with too much curiosity. She captures the imagination of a quiet baron and her life, and her passions will never be the same. Yet, everything is not as it appears, and old secrets have a way of raising from the darkness.

Featured in the next book, Wedded in Scandal is a disgraced Lady Helaine. Her father was thrown out of polite English society for being a liar and a thief. The scandal leaves her unfit for marriage, and financially destitute. She opens the dressmaker's shop under an assumed identity. Her world is difficult, but she is earning her way. Her biggest threat is that someone will learn of her true identity.

Enter the Viscount of Redhill, Robert Percy. He is handsome, he is regal, and he is attracted to the mysterious woman. With her scandalous past, will they be able to give their love a chance? There are obstacles to overcome, but love does have a way of conquering all.

At present, there are two additional books forthcoming in the series: Wedded in Sin (June 2012) and Engaged in Passion (October 2012).

If you love rich, finely detailed Regency historicals, The Bridal Favors Series from Jade Lee will take you there. It is a fun, well-crafted, adventurous read sure to please her legion of fans. ( )
  readersentertainment | Mar 6, 2012 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0425245934, Mass Market Paperback)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:36 -0400)

"For his whole life, Robert Percy, Viscount Redhill, has worked hard to maintain a sterling reputation. And while it's socially acceptable to seduce delectable dress designer Mrs. Mortimer, Robert learns too late the heartbreaking truth about who she used to be. No one would fault him for taking Mrs. Mortimer as his lover, but Robert knows that she should be the wife of a peer of the realm, not a mistress in hiding..."--Publishers's website.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,459,279 books! | Top bar: Always visible