Morganville Vampires #01: Glass Houses by…

Morganville Vampires #01: Glass Houses (edition 2006)

by Rachel Caine

Member:MoonSpider
Title:Morganville Vampires #01: Glass Houses
Authors:Rachel Caine
Info:NAL Jam (2006), Mass Market Paperback, 256 pages
Rating:***
Tags:Kindle

Glass Houses by Rachel Caine

English (157)  Piratical (1)  All (158)
After being targeted by the head mean girl, college freshman Claire Danvers seeks refuge in an old house with three other college students. Little does she know that stepping outside the safety of the college campus will make her a target in a town secretly ruled by vampires.
  mcmlsbookbutler | Jun 27, 2017 |
This isn't your typical Teenage Vampire series. It's just not. The cover of my copy of the book says that fans of Twilight should pick this up...I am a fan of Twilight, but this is NOTHING like Twilight. First of all, vampires are definitely not romanticized in this series. They are the bad guy, no question about it. That's not where the differences end though...this book was intriguing and had some violence and mystery to it, much more than Twilight. Don't get me wrong, I'm not dissing on Twilight, but I find it refreshing to read a series that is so vastly different than others in the genre that I've read before. The whole idea surrounding this story (being vague on purpose to avoid spoilers) is something that just instantly drew me in and I wanted to know more. Be warned there is a HUGE cliffhanger, so be sure to have book 2 handy to start right away! ( )
  MynTop | Apr 8, 2016 |
15-Dec: I started reading the series late last night, and it is really good, I was surprised, and very compassionate with Claire. But there is one questions what is it with ALL the writers and the name "Claire" written in different ways but the same nevertheless! For God sake pick different names! Morganville seems like hell on earth!! If I was born there I would with no doubt flee!! and start all over again! Monica and the Monickettes seem like devils!!

20-Jan: I just finished the book and I am not sure I liked the ending. I don't get why Claire even stayed in that damned town in the first place. And please don't tell me because of love and friendship. No one is worth all that trouble. ( )
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |

mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
wasn't sure of the plot, or why things were happening. ( )
  katieloucks | Feb 26, 2016 |
To Liz, who asked.
On the day Claire became a member of the Glass House, somebody stole her laundry.

College freshman Claire Danvers has had enough of her nightmarish dorm situation. When Claire heads off-campus, the imposing old house where she finds a room may not be much better. Her new roommates don't show many signs of life, but they'll have Claire's back when the town's deepest secrets come crawling out, hungry for fresh blood.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0451219945, Mass Market Paperback)

College freshman Claire Danvers has had enough of her nightmarish dorm situation, where the popular girls never let her forget just where she ranks in the school's social scene: somewhere less than zero.

When Claire heads off-campus, the imposing old house where she finds a room may not be much better. Her new roommates don't show many signs of life. But they'll have Claire's back when the town's deepest secrets come crawling out, hungry for fresh blood.

Watch a Windows Media trailer for this book.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:52 -0400)

In Morganville, Texas, a town where evil terrorizes the streets under the cover of darkness, Claire Danvers, who has had enough of her current dorm situation, moves off campus and discovers that her new roommates are vampires.

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,153,791 books! | Top bar: Always visible