Morganville Vampires #01: Glass Houses by…

Morganville Vampires #01: Glass Houses (edition 2006)

by Rachel Caine

Member:MoonSpider
Title:Morganville Vampires #01: Glass Houses
Authors:Rachel Caine
Info:NAL Jam (2006), Mass Market Paperback, 256 pages
Rating:***
Tags:Kindle

Glass Houses by Rachel Caine

Recently added bydavidgn, private library, CarpeLibra, Salidad, issy05, CC123, kandi111777, IvieHill

English (150)  Piratical (1)  All languages (151)
I've had this book sitting on my bookshelf for years, finally decided it was time. Too bad I let it sit for so long this was a very good bad-vampire story.

Some reviews of this book complained that Claire made lots of really dumb decisions throughout the story but I believe the same can be said of many characters in Steven King's Salem's Lot. Glass Houses in ways did remind me of parts of Salem's Lot.

CC123 | Aug 10, 2015 |

CC123 | Aug 10, 2015 |
Loved it!! ( )
  Diamond.Dee. | Jul 3, 2015 |
I give this book about a 41/2 out of 5. This is pretty good in my estimation. My only hang up was that the character of Claire was a bit immature but falls within the parameters of a 16 year old. This book is about Claire, who is a sixteen year old college freshman in a little town known as Morganville. After a particularly awful bout of bullying by a girl named Monica, Claire decides that she needs to move out of the dorms before she is killed by Monica and her cronies. She finds an ad in the paper to be the fourth roommate in a house off-campus. And this begins her adventure into the world of the Morganville Vampire population and everything that ensues thereafter. This really is a good book and I really enjoyed it. I had read this book a while ago, but listened to it on audiobook yesterday and today. That is how much I really did enjoy this book. I also have a tendency to read books to fast and eventually forgets what I read previously. ( )
  nsmith529 | Jun 17, 2015 |
Meh. This book was ok. Vampires ghosts mean girls goths... ( )
  mlake | Apr 28, 2015 |
To Liz, who asked.
On the day Claire became a member of the Glass House, somebody stole her laundry.

College freshman Claire Danvers has had enough of her nightmarish dorm situation. When Claire heads off-campus, the imposing old house where she finds a room may not be much better. Her new roommates don't show many signs of life, but they'll have Claire's back when the town's deepest secrets come crawling out, hungry for fresh blood.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0451219945, Mass Market Paperback)

College freshman Claire Danvers has had enough of her nightmarish dorm situation, where the popular girls never let her forget just where she ranks in the school's social scene: somewhere less than zero.

When Claire heads off-campus, the imposing old house where she finds a room may not be much better. Her new roommates don't show many signs of life. But they'll have Claire's back when the town's deepest secrets come crawling out, hungry for fresh blood.

Watch a Windows Media trailer for this book.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:52 -0400)

In Morganville, Texas, a town where evil terrorizes the streets under the cover of darkness, Claire Danvers, who has had enough of her current dorm situation, moves off campus and discovers that her new roommates are vampires.

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,160,127 books! | Top bar: Always visible