Morganville Vampires #01: Glass Houses by…

Morganville Vampires #01: Glass Houses (edition 2006)

by Rachel Caine

Member:MoonSpider
Title:Morganville Vampires #01: Glass Houses
Authors:Rachel Caine
Info:NAL Jam (2006), Mass Market Paperback, 256 pages
Rating:***
Tags:Kindle

Glass Houses by Rachel Caine

English (156)  Piratical (1)  All languages (157)
This isn't your typical Teenage Vampire series. It's just not. The cover of my copy of the book says that fans of Twilight should pick this up...I am a fan of Twilight, but this is NOTHING like Twilight. First of all, vampires are definitely not romanticized in this series. They are the bad guy, no question about it. That's not where the differences end though...this book was intriguing and had some violence and mystery to it, much more than Twilight. Don't get me wrong, I'm not dissing on Twilight, but I find it refreshing to read a series that is so vastly different than others in the genre that I've read before. The whole idea surrounding this story (being vague on purpose to avoid spoilers) is something that just instantly drew me in and I wanted to know more. Be warned there is a HUGE cliffhanger, so be sure to have book 2 handy to start right away! ( )
  MynTop | Apr 8, 2016 |
15-Dec: I started reading the series late last night, and it is really good, I was surprised, and very compassionate with Claire. But there is one questions what is it with ALL the writers and the name "Claire" written in different ways but the same nevertheless! For God sake pick different names! Morganville seems like hell on earth!! If I was born there I would with no doubt flee!! and start all over again! Monica and the Monickettes seem like devils!!

20-Jan: I just finished the book and I am not sure I liked the ending. I don't get why Claire even stayed in that damned town in the first place. And please don't tell me because of love and friendship. No one is worth all that trouble. ( )
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |

mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
wasn't sure of the plot, or why things were happening. ( )
  katieloucks | Feb 26, 2016 |
This book was super addicting! I discovered the books while watching the Geek and Sundry web series last October and I've had them on my mind for a while now. I loved the show and I wanted to read the book it was based on.

I really liked Claire as the main character. She was so rational and disbelieving of vampires, it was refreshing that she didn't immediately buy into their existence or fall in love with one immediately. She was as rational and level headed which was refreshing.

I loved Claire and Shane's relationship. There was no insta-love which was a nice change in young adult fiction. They sounded like teenagers when they talked, not adults trying to be "hip" or cool.

The cliff hanger ending was unexpected, but not unwelcome. I can't wait to see what will happen in the next book! Happy reading! ( )
  hawaiianmermaid701 | Feb 7, 2016 |
To Liz, who asked.
On the day Claire became a member of the Glass House, somebody stole her laundry.
COPYRIGHT PAGE NOTICES (for the mass-market paperback edition):

Without limiting the rights under copyright reserved above, no part of this publication book may be reproduced, stored in or introduced into a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, or by any means (electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise), without the prior written permission of both the copyright owner and the above publisher of this book.

PUBLISHER'S NOTE[:]
This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, and incidents either are the product of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, business establishments, events, or locales is entirely coincidental.

The publisher does not have any control over and assumes no responsibility for author or third party Web sites or their content.

If you purchased this book without a cover, you should be aware that this book is stolen property. It was

reported as 'unsold and destroyed' to the publisher, and neither the author nor the publisher has received any

payment for this 'stripped book.'

The scanning, uploading, and distribution of this book via the Internet or via any other means without the permission of the publisher is illegal and punishable by law. Please purchase only authorized electronic editions, and do not participate in or encourage electronic piracy of copyrighted materials. Your support of the author's rights is appreciated.

College freshman Claire Danvers has had enough of her nightmarish dorm situation. When Claire heads off-campus, the imposing old house where she finds a room may not be much better. Her new roommates don't show many signs of life, but they'll have Claire's back when the town's deepest secrets come crawling out, hungry for fresh blood.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0451219945, Mass Market Paperback)

College freshman Claire Danvers has had enough of her nightmarish dorm situation, where the popular girls never let her forget just where she ranks in the school's social scene: somewhere less than zero.

When Claire heads off-campus, the imposing old house where she finds a room may not be much better. Her new roommates don't show many signs of life. But they'll have Claire's back when the town's deepest secrets come crawling out, hungry for fresh blood.

Watch a Windows Media trailer for this book.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:52 -0400)

In Morganville, Texas, a town where evil terrorizes the streets under the cover of darkness, Claire Danvers, who has had enough of her current dorm situation, moves off campus and discovers that her new roommates are vampires.

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,392,892 books! | Top bar: Always visible