Girl Steals Guy (Borrowing Abby Grace) by…

Girl Steals Guy (Borrowing Abby Grace)

by Kelly Green

531,436,638 (3.9)None
ebook (1) kids (1) own (1) read (1) teen (1)

Plot: This story is another adventure for Shadow Abby Grace to tackle as she finds another borrower, Michelle, a beautiful teen girl with a best friend brokenhearted over her boyfriend who suddenly dumped her for a more attractive girl. It's up to Abby, who is starting to remember a little of who she really is, or was, to set things straight and reunite the two lovers.

Characters: Abby gets a hint at what she's supposed to do from Will, her helper guy, and it's to reunite the two lovers. This means something along the lines of getting Michelle's best friend, Heather and her ex-boyfriend, Sam, back together again. I think in so little space, the new characters for this episode can't be judged properly. But, seeing more of Abby and Will does reveal more character development for them. They even seem to be liking each other, despite the fact that Abby always pretends to be someone else, and has to pretend to like someone else. It would seem confusing, but it doesn't come off that way.

Writing: The writing is better in this episode compared to the first one, The Shadow. It seemed more efficient and descriptive, especially of Abby Grace herself, the real Abby Grace whose face can be seen only by herself whenever she looks into a mirror.

Story: I like the story pretty well because, like the first installment, it is a mystery that Abby needed to solve in a short period of time, and it took on a lot of unexpected twists and turns. With this one, I was always guessing the outcome along the way, but it turned out not quite like how I figured would. It's pretty fun reading.

Overall Quality: Good quality—I liked it, although not as much as the first novella. People who love mysteries and Nancy Drew-like stories would really like this contemporary series.

Favorite Scene/Moment: The scene where Abby(Michelle) chatted with Sam, the best friend's ex-boyfriend, and ate pizza with him on the beach. He had come to her rescue when her own boyfriend had stranded her there because she wouldn't put-out. I like that Sam turned out to be a dear old friend of Michelle's that she hadn't talked to in years because Michelle had changed during her relationship with her awful boyfriend. ( )
  Cathy_Keaton | Jul 10, 2012 |
In episode one, Abby learns that she is a shade – someone who borrows the bodies of others to fix a problem in their life. I enjoyed episode one and was eager to see what happened next, so I purchased Girl Steals Guy shortly after and I was happy to find that it was even more enjoyable than the first episode.

In Girl Steals Guy, Abby, who’s borrowing Michelle’s body, finds herself in Heather’s room, unsure of what her mission is this time. All she knows is that there’s a crying girl. Until Will, her guardian, informs her that she is to reunite the lovers. Simple enough, right? Wrong. Because things – relationships – are not as they appear to be. In order to fix things and, hopefully, find her way back home, Abby must uncover the truth of what’s going on with the people around her.

I really enjoyed the outcome of the story, mainly because it’s something I didn’t see coming. The blackmail answer seemed rather believable. But I enjoyed the little twist at the end.

What I like most about this series is that these are short, yet exciting reads. I can’t wait for episode three to read more about Abby and Will! ( )
  nlsobon | Dec 5, 2011 |
WARNING! Spoilers of First Episode: The Shadow.

In the first book the author introduced us Abby Grace. A girl who doesn't remember anything about her life. She is a Shadow. She uses the body of a person, in order to help them to overcome obstacles in their lifes. In the first book she helped a girl to find her little brother, who was "kidnapped" and she made that broken family talk about their issues.
Now Abby is back, not at home, like she would like to be, but at least she is back in another life. She is in the body of a really gorgeous girl who needs to help her best friend Heather. She needs to reunite the lovers. What Abby doesn't know is that she needs to discover some secrets before.

Kelly Green brings us again another great story. The plot is not only full of mystery, funny situations and unforgettable characters, but it also talks about realistic topics, something that I wasn't expecting at all, and we will find in this episode, like the first one, some unexpected twists and a breath-taking ending that will leave you in shock.

I must say that I really enjoyed this book, the author's writing style is awesome, the descriptions are really good, and the tension and the suspense in some of the chapters were amazing. I really enjoyed reading about Abby and her missions, and for now, Borrowing Abby Grace is one of my favorites series.

And now I cannot wait for the third episode; Teacher's Pet.
Oh-oh… The covers is telling me something…. really… really interesting… Poor Abby!

So, guys, if you are fan of Nancy Drew and haven't read this series, What are you waiting for? I highly recommend you to do it, because you're going to love it!

(BTW: I LOVE the covers!!!!)

Happy Reading! ( )
  idroskicinia | Dec 4, 2011 |

Smart and sassy Abby Grace is a seventeen-year-old with a talent for getting out of trouble. Sent to repair the lives and loves of teenagers on the edge of disaster, Abby is the perfect girl for the job. She has everything going for her... except one thing: a body. Dropped into the life of a gorgeous senior with a heartbroken best friend, Abby Grace must navigate high school parties, football games and power couples as she discovers that love and revenge are sometimes the same thing.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,015,183 books! | Top bar: Always visible