Menage by Alix Kates Shulman

I was interested in this because Memoirs of an Ex-Prom Queen was a book I found on my mother's shelves back in the day. It is considered a feminist classic. I was a little young when I read it and it seemed remarkably frank.

Sadly, Menage is a terrible book with wealthy bored characters - who cares! Dated and sexist as well.

Ick.

laurenbufferd | Nov 14, 2016 |
You have to read this as a satire of rich, spoiled Americans and refrain from wanting it shake sense into the characters ( )
  ccayne | Mar 10, 2013 |
Interesting quick read about a progressive? marriage or something like it, in which a wealthy husband and wife take in a celebrated Eastern European expat writer in the hopes that they will "learn how to live". The relationships in the book are so off the wall, but I found it pretty fascinating that they could be so blase about their infidelities (or lack thereof). Complex, really rich writing, and crazy bored over-educated rich people...what's not to like? ( )
  eenerd | Dec 31, 2012 |

After exiled author Zoltan Barbu comes to live with the affluent McKays--Helen, an aspiring writer, and Mack, a man looking for a cultural connection--soon shilfting alliances and sexual misadventures arise. By the author of Memoirs of an Ex-Prom Queen. Original.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,935,549 books! | Top bar: Always visible