Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Promise,…

Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Promise, Part 1

by Gene Luen Yang, Gurihiru (Illustrator)

English (20)  Italian (1)  All (21)
The Promise is a quick and entertaining read about Aang's adventures after the war was ended.
It's very nice to see all of the characters, and humor is great as usual.

Aang and Katara calling each other 'sweetie' gave me the oogies though.
Onto the next one. ( )
  bookandsword | Jul 8, 2017 |
Category/genre: Young adult novel
notable: Graphic novel

Dante illustrates an imaginative and creative story through his writing as readers are emerged into a new world containing magical adventures. Aang is a young boy who has the power to defeat every nation, he is the last of his kind. Aang goes on a journey to defeat the evil enemy and describes the obstacles he faces in doing so. This book is great for readers who love the graphic novel style and are interested in reading an imaginative and creative story. ( )
  Diana.Vigil | May 1, 2017 |
This is the aftermath of the avatar's victory.

I'm like Toph when I read the word "Sweetie". It also gives me the oogies.

What the hell, Zuko? C'mon, You're being indecisive again. Not good. Not good. ( )
  phoibee | Apr 23, 2017 |
I think I need to rewatch the show now. This book had all the good jokes and banter. I liked the still drawings of bending, though nothing will beat the animations. The show ended on such a high note. These comics don't negate all the work that was done to defeat Fire Lord Ozai, but they do a good job of telling the post-war story. There are lots of loose ends to tie up. Also the story of how a bunch of teenagers can become real leaders, not just necessary default ones. Too bad about those oogies. ( )
  jlharmon | Nov 3, 2016 |
Short mini-review.

Upsides: The comic is set post-series (which is AMAZING), the character dynamics made me squeal like the fangirl that I am, the artwork was really close to how it is in the tv show, the story is pretty much great, IT'S POST SERIES. :D

Downsides: It's really short, they did some ridiculously stupid things with the characterisation (I mean, ok, I didn't expect it to have the brilliant characterisation and character building that the show has, but reaaaaaallllyyyyyy, I'm side-eyeing the whole situation with Zuko. I don't really believe that that big of a character shift would happen in such a short time), IT'S REALLY TOO SHORT.
NEXT INSTALMENT NOW, PLEASE. ( )
  glitzandshadows | Oct 12, 2015 |

Yang, Gene Luenprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
GurihiruIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
DiMartino, Michael DanteCreatorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Konietzko, BryanCreatorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Picking up exactly where Avatar: The Last Airbender left off, The Promise takes Aang to a Fire Nation colony in the heart of the Earth Nation, where tensions between neighbors threaten to shatter the world's newfound peace-putting the Avatar on a collision course with one of his closest friends, FireLord Zuko.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,925,336 books! | Top bar: Always visible