Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Promise,…

Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Promise, Part 1

by Gene Luen Yang, Gurihiru (Illustrator)

English (16)  Italian (1)  All languages (17)
Short mini-review.

Upsides: The comic is set post-series (which is AMAZING), the character dynamics made me squeal like the fangirl that I am, the artwork was really close to how it is in the tv show, the story is pretty much great, IT'S POST SERIES. :D

Downsides: It's really short, they did some ridiculously stupid things with the characterisation (I mean, ok, I didn't expect it to have the brilliant characterisation and character building that the show has, but reaaaaaallllyyyyyy, I'm side-eyeing the whole situation with Zuko. I don't really believe that that big of a character shift would happen in such a short time), IT'S REALLY TOO SHORT.
  glitzandshadows | Oct 12, 2015 |
Really great to see the whole gang back together and see how things came to be at the stage we are seeing on The Legend of Korra now. ( )
  msralways | Aug 19, 2014 |
So I was worried this wouldn't hold up to the show, because I loved the show so much. But it held up well! It's that wonderful mix of srs business and shenanigans that made me adore the cartoon, with some interesting plot developments.

I really can't wait for the next one. ( )
  cendri | May 30, 2014 |
The "sweetie" part was a bit much. You don't need to shove Kataang down our throats, k thx.

Everything else was good, though. :P Like reading an abbreviated version of the show. I can't wait to get my hands on the second installment. Then I'll probably be whining for the third. ( )
  liveshipvivacia | Apr 26, 2014 |
  BRCSBooks | Nov 8, 2013 |

Yang, Gene Luenprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
GurihiruIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
DiMartino, Michael DanteCreatorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Konietzko, BryanCreatorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Picking up exactly where Avatar: The Last Airbender left off, The Promise takes Aang to a Fire Nation colony in the heart of the Earth Nation, where tensions between neighbors threaten to shatter the world's newfound peace-putting the Avatar on a collision course with one of his closest friends, FireLord Zuko.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,866,971 books! | Top bar: Always visible