More than Meets the Ink (Bowen, #1) by Elle…

More than Meets the Ink (Bowen, #1)

by Elle Aycart

This started out so funny that I had tears rolling down my face! When Tate was visiting her mother at a senior's complex in Florida her mom was convinced that her neighbour, Mr. Bowen, had either killed, Amy, her cat or was holding it prisoner. Tate's mother talked her into crawling into Mr. Bowen's back yard so they could peer into the house and look for the cat. During their stealthful mission, they were confronted by Mr. Bowen's son, James. After finding out what they were doing he played along with them saying he didn't think they had taken any prisoners but he would check with his CO.

It got much more serious after that. After meeting in such an odd way, Tate and James got together. Since James had some tattoos, Tate categorized him as being not into commitment or holding a job. Basically out for himself and no one else. James wasn't like the stereotype Tate envisioned but he didn't tell her. Tate wanted a vacation fling and James was good with that because he didn't do relationships. Turned out James couldn't get her out of his mind so he looked her up when they went back to Boston.

The suspense in this story mainly surrounds Tate. She is running the family restaurant that isn't doing well. Someone is messing with her produce orders, the staff is unhappy, there was a small fire in the kitchen that insurance wouldn't pay for and a stalker is sending her threating emails.

This story is very sexy but the buildup of emotions leading to the sex is what I really liked. It was interesting to have the man want more in the relationship than the woman.

What a surprising twist at the end of this story. ( )
  JoAB | Feb 1, 2017 |
FOUR & A HALF STARS--After reading this story, I am definitely an Elle Aycart fan. More Than Meets the Ink" meets my requirements. Elle and James meet under different circumstances (both met while visiting their parents are next-door neighbors at a retirement complex in Florida). From the moment they meet...there's just something. These two have that spark, that chemistry. And a banging chemistry at that. Elle has prejudices and hang-ups and takes them out on James and he took it in stride.

Can I have a James Bowen for myself please? He gets a 15 out of 10 for the sex on a stick department from me. He was just part caveman, part caring, part intuitive, part slick, and sprinkle some tattoos and a lot of sexiness and you have a deliciously created - James Bowen.

If you have read Kristin Ashley's "Knight" and liked the Hero from that story, you will definitely love James from this story. He was a more understandable and lighter version of "Knight" for those needing a comparison. (Don't worry James has a legit job, folks) And James Bowen has amazing stamina and...control. I'll let you fill in the blanks.

Yes, Elle pissed me off at times with some of her choices but i liked that she did give back as good as she got. Sometimes her pride just got in the way of her mistakes. Meek, she was not. Doormat, most definitely she was not. Just more on the naive side for her negative views on people who have tattoos. James helped her get over it.

Loved this story and I will definitely be reading more from this series and author.

(P.S. I know Cole is next in "Heavy Issues" but I'm anxious to read Tate's sister Elle's story...is Jack possibly her mate...hmmm...I'll keep my fingers crossed)
" ( )
  SheReadsALot | Jun 20, 2016 |
liked this story very much - James is great - I'd love to have him... ( )
  kerbytejas | Mar 25, 2016 |
I liked everything in this book, peeps, apart from the main heroine. She was so stubborn and unyielding and...stupid like a damsel in distress, that I just had no sympathy for her. I could not figure out why would the male character stick with her (and he was scrumptious) and her temper tantrums?

if you like Lauren Dane's Delicious series, I'm sure you'd love Elle Aycart as well. ( )
  kara-karina | Nov 20, 2015 |
This girl is a stupid dumbass with such narrow views of the world. Shallow as a tea spoon, some of her phrases made me cringe in sympathy for all woman kind. Did not even want to finish it. He seems like a good enough guy and sexy to boot so what the hell is he doing going after the cliche bimbotron i have no idea, but the author thought the ship should sail in those waters, so be it. ( )
  IvieHill | Aug 6, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,624,019 books! | Top bar: Always visible