The Taming of a Scottish Princess by Karen…

The Taming of a Scottish Princess

by Karen Hawkins

This book was fun! The search for the amulet exciting and fraught with endless good natured name calling. In fact the way the two main characters spoke to each other was both heated and familiar. They knew each other well enough but when his dawning realization that she was not just 'Jane' but was also a woman. An attractive one. That was fun to watch as it developed. ( )
  mariahsidhe | May 12, 2016 |
This book was an enjoyable and rather fun read. The dynamic between Jane and Michael was delightful and a bit different from most other historical romances I've read recently.

Michael is an explorer and he has traveled the world looking for artifacts with his assistant Jane. Their latest expedition is to find an amulet that had once belonged to Michael's family. This takes them to the Isle of Barra, where Jane is forced to come to terms with her past.

I really liked Michael. He was a bit rude and extremely grumpy at times (especially before he had his morning coffee... I can identify...) and there were moments where he was a touch bumbling when it came to what he should say to Jane. I found all this to be fairly endearing.

I loved Jane if for no other reason than she gives as good as she gets. And she knows how to handle Michael, and this is a man that definitely needs handling. I also really liked her adventurous spirit. She longed to see the world and experience new things, which is something that really spoke to me.

I believe this is the last book in a series. I have not read any of the previous books, I don't think it's necessary to read them in order to enjoy this one. I do plan to go back and check out some of the others and if I get some back story on Michael and Jane that will just be a bonus.

Overall, this was a light, relatively angst-free story with likable characters. ( )
  Jyl22075 | Mar 31, 2013 |
It was nice to have a conclusion to the series however it did lack some of the humor that was in the others. Even though the amulet is finally found it still did not address the mystery of Duncan McLean and Maeve Hurst. ( )
  bkluvr4evr | Jun 17, 2012 |

When their search for the infamous Hurst amulet takes her and her employer, famed Egyptologist Michael Hurst, to Barra, a place she fled years ago to avoid a forced marriage, Jane Smythe-Haughton is forced to confront her past.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,077,325 books! | Top bar: Always visible