Baby Talk - Book 1 by Mike Wells

Baby Talk - Book 1

by Mike Wells

112820,536 (3)None

I was reminded of the movie, Rosemary's Baby, and The Exorcist with Baby Talk.

Neal Becker felt he was forced to marry Anne after he got her pregnant. He wanted her to have an abortion but she refused.

He had been studying chemistry but stopped school and got a job delivering flowers in the Atlanta area.

One day while holding Baby Natasha, she pleads, "feed me." She was only five months old and way too young to talk. Neal almost dropped his daughter he was so shocked. When Anne arrived home, he told her about it but she didn't believe him.

Neal never wanted a baby and feels that because of the baby, his life was destroyed. He could have continued his studies and become a doctor. He also sees looks of hatred in Baby Natasha's eyes when he holds her and is convinced that she knows he didn't want her and hates him for it.

There follows a number of instances where Baby Natasha drives him crazy but no one believes Neal. There was a call to work and when he got home and told Anne that he didn't want to get calls while working. She didn't know what he was talking about. Later, he loses his job and one disaster follows another.

The narrator, Karel Allers does a fine job in making the words of Baby Natasha creepy. I heard the words and felt as if I would learn that the baby could turn her head around like in the movie, The Exorcist.

None of the characters are very likable but the conclusion is memorable. I think fans of science fiction or paranormal events will be entertained by the story. ( )
  mikedraper | Apr 8, 2014 |
I got this book free off Amazon so I can't complain. However it was good quick read. I want to read book two just to see what happens. ( )
  mistybattle | Nov 27, 2013 |

In this creepy horror novel, Neal Becker is convinced that his 5 month old baby daughter can talk. But that's impossible..isn't it? Except that Neal didn't really want to get married in the first place and pushed his wife for an abortion. And now, Baby Natasha knows it. She's out to get Neal, or so he believes. Join the two in a terrifying battle for survival that will make your blood run cold. "A fantastic book, but don't read it at night. It gave me some very weird dreams." Theresa K., Boston "Any parent who has ever reached his wit's end with a toddler will appreciate this scary story!" -- Jennifer W., Atlanta "Every nanny's worst nightmare!" -- Veronika P, Manchester, UK… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,393,689 books! | Top bar: Always visible