Annexed: The Refuge Trilogy by Rebecca…

Annexed: The Refuge Trilogy

by Rebecca McKinnon

Recently added byHeatherMS, CommunityBookstop

No tags.

This book got me hooked almost from the beginning. It is about a 17 year old girl, Narissa, and the alternate reality that she confusingly finds herself trapped in. Narissa is a well-fleshed out character who really makes you care about her and her journey. The book starts out where she suddenly finds herself out in the woods, injured, and sure that she is being followed. She learns rather quickly that she isn't in "Kansas" anymore. She is now in a place called The Refuge and she doesn't know if she will ever get back to her own reality.

Most of the characters that Narissa meets are very interesting. The only ones I felt could have used some more dimensions were the two oldest people on the counsel.

This was a fun ride and I look forward to reading the next two books in this trilogy. If the journey is as interesting and the characters as real as in book one, then I know that I will be thoroughly entertained. ( )
  HeatherMS | Dec 24, 2011 |
This was a great book, Narissa finds herself in The Refuge, at first she is confused and wanting to go home. She finds that won't happen for a while. She tries to make the best of it, she makes friends with Mac who she ends up living with his parents. She also meets Daman who forms an unlikely friendship. She also wrongs Crissy, who is out to get Narissa into all sorts of trouble.

Narissa also has to be careful not to corrupt the locals with what she knows and as she learns their history she learns they spend most of their time living in fear in certain situations. Not treading to far in the water, as one example. Also seeking the council for every question they have. Narissa is able to sneak in one thing from our world, an ipod. Narissa does form great friendships with the people around her, which is more than she had in our world. Her big regret is her sister she left behind.

Definitely a great book really pulls you in wanting you to know more of their world and whether Narissa will ever get out of The Refuge or will she stay forever. ( )
  CommunityBookstop | Nov 23, 2011 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,582,461 books! | Top bar: Always visible