If You Were a Polygon (Math Fun) by Marcie…

If You Were a Polygon (Math Fun)

by Marcie Aboff

194537,190 (3.25)None

Genre- informational because its teaching kids about shapes and lines.
Summary- The book is about how we see polygons everyday everywhere in life, it goes into detail about what polygons are which and the different type of polygons.
reflection- I like thing book I loved the bright colors and the theme of the book. I felt that it would really connect with students and it was pretty easy reading.
Media- watercolor and gouache ( )
  alopez19 | Oct 17, 2017 |
If you were a polygon is that describes the different kinds of polygons there are. It uses everyday shapes we use and see to help us understand them, it also talks about the vertices and points like in a star. ( )
  Jazmyn96 | Nov 21, 2016 |
Genre: realistic fiction
This book is all about Polygons. It would be a great book to read before teaching a math unit on Polygons. It takes you through different characters that somehow relate to the different polygons. It defines what a Polygon is while also teaching students the different types of polygons. It does this in a fun and interactive story with different characters.
Grade level: k-2nd
  sarahetuemmler | Nov 25, 2015 |
This is a book about polygons. The text clearly teaches the concept in a way students will understand. It will be a good teaching book because there are visuals to go with the text that help teach about polygons. All the polygons are explained up to decagon. There are real-life examples included with each polygon so kids can learn how to identify polygons outside the book.

Genre Critique: This is a good informational book because the concept is explained clearly using visuals and multiple examples. Teachers can use this book to introduce polygons or anytime throughout a lesson or unit. The illustrations are colorful and fun to look at, making it more fun to learn about polygons.
  EmilyWright | Oct 23, 2012 |

Discover things that are shaped like a polygon with at least three straight sides.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,516,233 books! | Top bar: Always visible