Panda and Logan in Dr. Nev's Look and…

Panda and Logan in Dr. Nev's Look and Learn Beginner Book on Fun…

by Nev Nickelz

I really enjoyed this book from Dr. Nev. He is an amazing young children's author. It has great illustrations. It is a great book for young children. I think it would be a wonderful book either as a physical or ebook. It could used as an ebook when parents are away and need something to occupy the kids, give them these books in a kindle or ipad or something that can travel and they will enjoy it. ( )
  Lobstersurvivor | Apr 26, 2012 |
Panda and Logan in Dr. Nev's Look and Learn Beginner Book on Fun is a mouthful for a title but a great learning tool for kids. The words are easy and flow nicely over the page with good illustrations, great colours and wonderful continuity provided through rhyming words. The word to be learned is shown first on it's own so the child can recognize it and is then shown added to a simple sentence highlighted, again making it easily recognized. A great little book that is a perfect addition to a child's learning library. ( )
  Ani36ol | Jan 28, 2012 |
The first time I read this I was a little confused as to what this book was trying to teach. After a few times through..I think I understand. I am a homeschooling mom and would read to this to a Kindergartener who is learning to read.

The book is made up of what the author deems as "FUN" words. He then gives sentences and cute pictures to describe those.

I do like the rhyming scheme. I think that is important for young readers. I am concerned about a few of the pictures. The dog holding on to a rope while wearing roller skates as he is pulled by a car disturbs me. Only because I have 5 boys and I am scared one of them would try this.

The drawings are cute tho and so are the colors. It is a cute story and I think would be enjoyable by Kindergartener and younger. ( )
  JJMM | Jan 16, 2012 |
Read with both a kindergartener and a 1st grader, is great for 1st semester and mid year Kindergarten or before. The rhyming was great, length was great, sight words were great, was unable to see color, but the illustrations were cute - the narrative was somewhat lacking, but for the target age it worked well. ( )
  brie867 | Jan 11, 2012 |
Unlike the previous book, my children (4 years & 2 years old) did not enjoy the book.

I got this one on my Kindle Fire and the format/layout wasn't very good. But the content is where I had the main concern.
We read it everyday for 1 week and it just didn't catch on. The color wasn't as vibrant as the previous book and there wasn't a real story to this book. It just didn't connect with my children. My four year old is learning to read, but words like "floating" was difficult for her right now.

I would recommend this book for 1 yr old to strictly look at. Or for older kids who are working on verbs. There are more books with a fluid story would be much more beneficial for young toddlers. ( )
  Ezinwanyi | Jan 10, 2012 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Nev Nickelz's book Panda and Logan in Dr. Nev's Look and Learn Beginner Book on Fun Words was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Nev Nickelz is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,366,572 books! | Top bar: Always visible