Injustice For All: A Justice Seekers Novel…

Injustice For All: A Justice Seekers Novel

by Robin Caroll

Title: Injustice for All
Author: Robin Caroll
Pages: 352
Year: 2012
Publisher: B & H
Amazon Link: http://www.amazon.com/Injustice-All-Justice-Seekers-Novel/dp/143367212X/ref=la_B...
What drew me to the novel was a YouTube book trailer I viewed at http://youtu.be/5t7rh7Ui8do. A woman, Remington Wyatt, is raised by her godfather after the death of her parents. With Judge Tate’s last breath he tells his goddaughter to grab the files from the safe and run! Remington has no idea what she is taking and throwing into her godfather’s briefcase…that would come later. Now, she has to draw upon her knowledge of the ways to disappear before “they” could kill her.
Three years later an agent transfers to the Louisiana FBI office and is assigned to the cold cases files. He could choose any one among the many. What does he choose? Where will it take him? All you need do is open the pages and discover this brilliantly written tale. Like a clock that ticks in the quiet of the night, with every turning page you will feel the tension build to an astounding climax! I couldn’t put the book down until I read every last word.
Sometimes when I look over a bookstore listing on the internet I come across a book that isn’t new, but one I have yet to read. So, after the book trailer, I located the book to see what others had to say about their experiences with Robin Caroll’s writing. Afterwards it was just a matter of curling up to have my own journey to discovering this riveting fictional tale. What a fun and exciting story to read! There are elements of faith, mystery, murder, disappearance, and seeing if in the plot good would triumph over evil. The author has written other books that I plan on perusing and reading as soon as I can decide what to choose next!
My rating is 5 stars.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ . Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457 ( )
  lcjohnson1988 | Oct 25, 2014 |
Remington has just survived a nightmare. She was in the house, unknown, when assassins broke in and killed her godfather, a powerful federal judge. Even worse, she can identify the killers and they are men she thought she could trust. Now she realises that her only hope of survival is to run. Luckily, her work as a forensic psychologist has prepared her to do this efficiently.

Three years later, Bella, as she is now known, has found some peace. She has run hundreds of miles and reinvented herself. She is living in a small rural town where she has found friends and contentment. That is about to change.

Rafe is an FBI agent, newly transferred to another office. As the new guy, he is given the task of trying to find some way forward on cold cases. He hits on the judge's murder and as he reads through the case file, finds a clue that brings him to the little town where Bella now lives. Even worse, his clue involves her best friend, the sheriff. His interest in the case gets back to the killers who now know exactly where to go to finish the job of killing off the only witness to their crime. Can Bella find a way to survive this new threat?

Robin Carroll has written an interesting mystery. The pace is fast enough to keep the reader's interest, without being so breakneck that it is tiring to read. The characters are portrayed realistically enough that a connection is made to them. The resolution is satisfying while not feeling overly packaged. Carroll has written eleven previous books and writes in the Christian fiction genre. While this book is recommended for readers of that genre, any mystery reader will enjoy this one.

I was given this book by Christian Review Of Books. ( )
  MaryAnn12 | Jan 26, 2013 |
Rafe Baxter is an FBI agent who transfers to a new office. As the newbie, he is told to look over unsolved cases. One catches his eye that sends him on a journey to Hopewell, Louisiana where things aren't as they seem. Loved the mystery, loved the characters! I will definitely read more in this series and more by Robin Caroll. ( )
  msh09 | Jan 2, 2013 |
After finishing this one, all I can really say is “oh my”, and not in a good way. I had really high hopes for this book, I wanted a fun, light mystery after reading a truly great but heavy novel, and this was just not what I wanted in any way. It started out just fine, but lost me along the way.

My first complaint is that the mystery was just not that great. I don’t like to figure a mystery out on my own, I like the not knowing and wondering, feeling more like I’m one of the characters experiencing the situation at the same time. Without even trying, not even consciously thinking about who could have done it, I pretty much had everything figured out with the exception of the name of the big bad. And that’s probably only because that name wasn’t mentioned prior to the reveal. It left the whole thing flat for me...

To read the rest of my review, please visit my blog. ( )
  dorolerium | Aug 10, 2012 |
INJUSTICE FOR ALL by Robin Caroll is an exciting,heartpumping inspirational suspense/mystery Romance set in present day Hopewell, Louisiana. It is the first in the new series “A Justice Seekers Novel”. In “Injustice For All’” we are introduced to Reminton Wyatt,god daughter to a murdered Federal judge,and who is on the run for her life. And Rafe Baxter,an FBI agent who is sent to find the answers to some troubling questions. This story has danger,FBI,murder,trust,betrayal,faith,secrets,the Louisiana bayou,a cold case,injustices,manipulating the justice system and love. A powerful story of who to trust,and the betrayal of people who you did trust. A must read. “Injustice For All” is full of high octane,fast paced action,with romantic tension,and an intriguing plot. It will have you turning pages well into the night. But BEWARED you will be up all night and holding your breathe. Anyone who enjoys mystery,suspense,romance,inspirational,murder,action packed,fast paced,thriller type read than “Injustice For All” will appear to you and your reading needs. I look forward to the next installment in “A Justice Seekers Novel”.Received for an honest review from the pubhlisher. Details can be found at B&H Publishing Group and My Book Addiction Reviews.

RATING: 4.5 ( )
  tarenn | Jan 10, 2012 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 143367212X, Paperback)

A federal judge lies bleeding on his office floor, betrayed by a most unlikely source—people who helped him bring criminals to justice. Now, why would someone working for the FBI need to disappear after witnessing this crime?

When Remington Wyatt sees her godfather’s murder, she recognizes the killers and knows it’s only a matter of time before they come to silence her. She must do the only thing possible to stay alive . . . run.

FBI agent Rafe Baxter is serious about his career, and solving a cold case involving a federal judge’s death puts him in line for the promotion he so desires. But the case leads him to the small town of Hopewell, Louisiana, where some secrets seem inextricably hidden deep within the bayou.

Injustice for All explores what happens when everything a person believes in is utterly destroyed. Who can you trust?

Praise for Injustice for All:

"A journey into the heart of suspense and the heart of faith. Robin Caroll scores again with Injustice for All."

James Scott Bell, best-selling author

"Themes of personal sacrifice, betrayal and guilt, trust and temptations, fear and forgiveness permeate Injustice. Readers will be hooed from the first page. Caroll has combined murder and suspense with vivid descriptions and excellent character development."

CBA Retailers + Resources

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:10 -0400)

When a federal judge is murdered, a witness to the crime of betrayal must go on the run, and an ambitious FBI agent is compelled to figure out why.

Robin Caroll is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,561,625 books! | Top bar: Always visible