Dreaming of Mr. Darcy by Victoria Connelly

Dreaming of Mr. Darcy

by Victoria Connelly

English (12)  Hungarian (1)  All (13)
This is a superficial irritating little book. I liked her first book Weekend with Mr Darcy and I was hoping for the same kind of fun. Instead you get Kay, the main character who is a stupid twit. She thinks she's going to marry the most famous actor in England just because he winks at her. I wanted to reach in and throttle her. I didn't like her character at all. I know there are women out there like that but please, it was irritating. I'm not sure if I want to read the next one. Maybe I need to read the Jane Austen books over and over and see what all the fuss is about. ( )
  MHanover10 | Jul 10, 2016 |
This was a bit different from my usual JA stuff, but it still deals with the love of Austen. Kay, our heroine, truly loves Jane Austen. Truly loves is the word. But then our hero loves JA too, talk about a match made in heaven...or not.

This was a bit of an Emma novel. Kay is clueless (but in a good way) that Adam likes her. Because she is oogling hottie actor Oli who is playing Captain Wentworth. And this is where the Emma story comes in. She is smitten by someone who is just playing with her. And she is trying to hook up a friend with Adam. Not a good matchmaker, and neither was Emma. But it does make for a delightful story. She is dreaming about her actor, and poor poor Adam can't do anything about it.

I liked Kay, cos she was not clueless in a bad way. Come one, if Colin Firth hang around my house then of course I would stare at him and not the shy nerd who tries to talk to me. So it was understandable that she did not notice. I also liked who silly she was and how her mind went to babies and weddings at once. She was such a daydreamer. While our hero was a lovely shy guy who, aww, hugs. I do like a good shy guy.

Conclusion:
It was a cute story about not seeing that which is right in front of you. But true love always win. ( )
  blodeuedd | Mar 2, 2016 |
I love Jane Austen, but I I had a hard time identifying with the main characters. A good romance is always fun, but falling in love has got to be more than what was portrayed here. Two people who don't know each other can't be in love. Otherwise this was a light and easy read. ( )
  tjsjohanna | Dec 4, 2015 |
I really enjoyed this book! Once I started reading I couldn't stop. Kay seems like a well known friend that I had to find out what was going to happen to her. Left alone and unsettled but independently wealthy with the recent deaths of her mother and a close elderly friend Kay decides to make a change from her current life by quitting her job, moving and buying a B&B. Kay is an avid Jane Austen fan and is thrilled when a filming crew arrives and her nearly renovated B&B demanding they be allowed to stay while they finished filming, as their previous rooms were unusable. Kay eagerly opens up her new home and her heart to the actors. Soon enough she finds that the leading man may just be the leading man for her life but there is another in the wings that wants a chance at the spotlight in Kay's life. This story is rife with intrigue, miscommunications, blunders, love, mishaps as well as with joy, happiness and bliss. I can't wait to get my hands on more stories by Victoria Connelly as well as revisit some Jane Austen classics! ( )
  slsmitty25 | Feb 11, 2015 |
It was an ok read but I wanted to smack the main female in the head...how dense can you be. ( )
  Talaskat | Oct 8, 2013 |

Fledgling illustrator and Darcy fanatic Kay Ashton settles in the seaside town of Lyme to finish her book, The Illustrated Mr. Darcy, when a film company arrives to make a new adaptation of Persuasion. Kay is soon falling for the handsome bad boy actor playing Captain Wentworth, but it's the quiet screenwriter Adam Craig who has more in common with her beloved Mr. Darcy.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,171,183 books! | Top bar: Always visible