Vanity Fair [Penguin Readers] by William…

Vanity Fair [Penguin Readers]

by William Makepeace Thackeray

I liked this story. It was fun to read, thinking what does Becky do next. I liked her character but I couldn't understand her behavior sometimes. Especially, her way of treating her friend, Amelia, sometimes. They had boken up, however at last they made up with each other so I was happy. ( )
1 vote Mana.K | May 31, 2010 |
This story is very interesting, and I like main characters, Rebecca and Amelia.
They are very different but both of them are very attractive.

I think this story is a little similar to 'Gone with the Wind'.
But, Rebecca made use of men much more than Scarlet.

Rebecca was not a good lady, but finally she became a kind person. ( )
  mamikom | Nov 28, 2009 |
Becky was born French mother who is opera girl. So she can speak French fuluently. She become social clamber. This book is classic story. ( )
  JuriYamamoto | Aug 27, 2009 |
This story was a bit difficult for me because there were too many characters. ( )
  trombone | Dec 12, 2008 |
This edition is simplified and abridged. Please don't combine it with the full-length work.

Becky Sharpe is very clever but she has no family and no money. Her friend, Amelia, comes from a rich family and is in love with an army officer. Can Becky marry well and be happy? What will the future hold for these two strong young women? A classic novel of the nineteenth century.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:06 -0400)

Legacy Library: William Makepeace Thackeray

William Makepeace Thackeray has a Legacy Library. Legacy libraries are the personal libraries of famous readers, entered by LibraryThing members from the Legacy Libraries group.

See William Makepeace Thackeray's legacy profile.

See William Makepeace Thackeray's author page.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,427,795 books! | Top bar: Always visible