Vimana by Mainak Dhar

Vimana

by Mainak Dhar

Cannot say I was thrilled with this book. I would consider it a book for the younger audience at best.

I found the story rather childish, contrived and quite unbelievable (even for Sc-Fi). ( )
  perjonsson | Oct 28, 2017 |
I have to admit that the cover art intrigued me while browsing the Kindle store. The spaceship over the pyramid reminded me of one of my favorite movies and TV series, Stargate. This was nothing like Stargate, but it wasn’t bad.
This story begins with Aaditya, a young man, attempting to help a woman who appears to be getting mugged or raped. He tries to help the woman only to find that her attackers seem to have super-human strength and so does she. A strange airship hovers over the area where the woman was being attacked and a man gets out to help the woman. They fight off the attackers and then take off in the airship. Aaditya is convinced that he just witnessed a secret government operation. Later on, he finds out that the government had nothing to do with it. ( )
  Ginerbia | Nov 6, 2012 |
Enjoyable read. The same aliens have been on earth for thousands of years and have the names of gods. Characters are mainly from India. ( )
  Dadbrazelton | Jan 16, 2012 |
My faith has been restored in the 99 cent specials on Kindle. I was totally on the verge of never NEVER buying another special. So far they have all sucked. But, Vimana was a well written, nicely edited, wonderful read. It had a riveting and fast paced plot, interesting characters, and flowed, page after page. The author is Indian and the story has nothing to do with the USA. So it takes a little away from an American reader but very little. I throughly enjoyed this book and give it a 4 star rating. ( )
  GaryBabb | Nov 24, 2011 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,425,015 books! | Top bar: Always visible