The Raft by S.A. Bodeen

Info:Feiwel & Friends (2012), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 240 pages
Collections:Read, Read but unowned
Rating:****1/2

The Raft by S.A. Bodeen

I thought that this was a pretty interesting book. It is intense, thrilling, and keeps you on the edge of your seat. It is an interesting perspective into the mind of someone who is encountering a horrific situation. I would recommend this book to my students.

I think that this is a great book for my junior high students. It has a Lexile score of HL680L. The nice part about this book is that it is a high low book. This means that it is written at a lower reading level but is a high interest book. This is great because readers that have difficulty are able to read the book and still enjoy the material. Sometimes it is hard to find books for stuggling readers that they enjoy. I could use this for those readers.
  ERegele | Mar 1, 2015 |
My granddaughter's favorite book that she shared with me. It tells of a young girls who survives tremendous odds with courage. An herorine worthy of today's girls admiration ( )
  KayDances | Jan 28, 2015 |
The book The Raft was an amazing book. I loved all the adventure that happened in it. My favorite part of the book was when she was on the island. I hated how it turned out that once she pushed Max off the boat she never saved him and everything she thought he told her was her imagination and only when she needed someone he would be there without actually being there. I wish Max stayed longer in the book. I loved the ending of the book when she found Max's necklace with the thumbprints on it and sow that there was an extra thumbprint that she then assumed was Max's.
  Abch14 | Jan 17, 2015 |
THIS BOOK IS AMAZING!! Even though it was a little long it was so amazing IT JUST WAS BREATH TAKING TO READ!! I read it when I was in Hawaii so I felt like it was real! I was so happy when she was saved and was going to get to see her family.
  elizaxgreen | Oct 3, 2014 |
The story was ok but the writing seemed really choppy to me. Some of it didn't feel realistic to me. ( )
  Mirandalg14 | Aug 18, 2014 |
To survive it is often necessary to fight and to fight you have to dirty yourself. --George Orwell--
For Tim, and everyone else who ever took that flight to Midway...
The dude with the lime-green Mohawk and dark wooden plugs in his earlobes looked down at me, the long silver needle in his rubber-gloved hand pointed directly at my face.

Robbie's last-minute flight to the Midway Atoll proves to be a nightmare when the plane goes down in shark-infested waters. Fighting for her life, the co-pilot Max pulls her onto the raft, and that's when the real terror begins.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 98,521,172 books! | Top bar: Always visible