The Raft by S.A. Bodeen

Info:Feiwel & Friends (2012), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 240 pages
Collections:Read, Read but unowned
Rating:****1/2

The Raft by S.A. Bodeen

Recently added byprivate library, EastCoastGirl, trayceetee, BubblesGirl, Sofa99, KBontempo, cacraig

THIS BOOK IS AMAZING!! Even though it was a little long it was so amazing IT JUST WAS BREATH TAKING TO READ!! I read it when I was in Hawaii so I felt like it was real! I was so happy when she was saved and was going to get to see her family.
  elizaxgreen | Oct 3, 2014 |
The story was ok but the writing seemed really choppy to me. Some of it didn't feel realistic to me. ( )
  Mirandalg14 | Aug 18, 2014 |
Survival story. A little less than on track at times but I think girls will love it.
SSYA 2014 ( )
  librarian1204 | May 20, 2014 |
Robie flies to Hawaii to visit her aunt. They begin to have a good time but when her aunt has to leave, things get scary now that Robie is all by herself. One night a man was harassing Robie by yanking on her hair because he thought Robie was someone named Lucy. Therefore Robie was so terrified to stay alone she had to get on a flight to Midway, where she and her parents live, as soon as possible. The next morning she gets on a flight. This was unexpected for the pilot but she knows the pilot so the pilot was kind enough to let Robie on. The flight back to Midway had a lot of turbulence but Robie wasn't worried because she has been on many flights before like this. Soon, the turbulence got worse and one of the engines started to fail. Max, the copilot, got the raft ready for him and Robie. Max soon passed away but Robie continued to pretend that he was alive so that she wouldn't be alone. All she had to eat was a bag of skittles. While she was stranded on the raft an airplane did fly overhead but it didn't see her. Robie finds an island and stays there trying to make a fire and other help signals. She knows that sometimes ships stop by islands to see how they are going so she thought she would be found soon. Fortunately she was right and a ship arrived to take her home. Robie was stranded for twelve days but survived with very little food, salt water, sharks, and no one to talk to except made up people.
I thought this book was very intriguing because I didn't want to put it down, I had to keep reading. It was very interesting. The author included many objects and other things in the story which brought out a feeling that the story was real. I don't think I would read this book again though because everything was so amazing I would be able to guess every part. I would recommend this book for anyone who enjoys reading a false story, but something that could happen, about stranded people. ( )
  tanniciaF.B4 | Mar 9, 2014 |
Robie calls Midway Atoll, a tiny rock a long way west of the Hawaiian islands, home. She lives there with her parents, but often travels to Hawaii to visit her aunt. On one trip, however, Robie decides to head home quickly after visiting her aunt and hops on board a cargo supply flight. What she doesn't realize is she never made it on the flight's manifest, and when the plane crashes no one knows where she's at. Only Robie and a co-pilot, Max, make it off the plane and onto a tiny inflatable raft. S. A. Bodeen's fast-paced survival thriller is tough to put down, even as Robie struggles with her own sanity as food and water are nowhere to be found. A good read for middle and high schoolers. ( )
  TigerLMS | Jan 27, 2014 |
To survive it is often necessary to fight and to fight you have to dirty yourself. --George Orwell--
For Tim, and everyone else who ever took that flight to Midway...
The dude with the lime-green Mohawk and dark wooden plugs in his earlobes looked down at me, the long silver needle in his rubber-gloved hand pointed directly at my face.

Robbie's last-minute flight to the Midway Atoll proves to be a nightmare when the plane goes down in shark-infested waters. Fighting for her life, the co-pilot Max pulls her onto the raft, and that's when the real terror begins.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,396,963 books! | Top bar: Always visible