The Raft by S.A. Bodeen

Info:Feiwel & Friends (2012), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 240 pages
Collections:Read, Read but unowned
Rating:****1/2

The Raft by S.A. Bodeen

It was a quick read, but hard to finish because the main character irritated me so much. I did not like this book. ( )
  mtlkch | Jun 21, 2016 |
Narcissistic teenage girl ends up fighting for her own survival in a raft. Good for grades 6 and up. Can be compared to another survival book about a lone character, such as Life of Pi or Hatchet. ( )
  KristineCA | Apr 26, 2016 |
Robie is 15-years old and has grown up on a small island in the Pacific. She is visiting a friend in Hawaii, when she decides on the spur of the moment to head home. She manages (last minute) to get on one of the few flights that goes to her island each month; this flight is for supplies, so it is only her, the pilot and the co-pilot. While over the water, the plane goes down; Robie and Max, the co-pilot, make it into the raft and have to figure out how to survive.

I really liked this. It took a few (short) chapters before I got sucked in, as it was initially background info to set up the story. But once she got on the plane, I was hooked for the rest of the book. It's YA, so it's a very quick read and I finished in a day (really, overall, probably just a few hours). ( )
  LibraryCin | Apr 24, 2016 |
THIS BOOK IS AMAZING!!! This book is awesome for teenagers. This is a story where a girl named Robie who accidentally gets in a plane crash and is stranded on a raft for days.Then she ends up on an island and she fights for her life
  22adamsa | Mar 17, 2016 |
The Raft is story of survival written from the point of view of a 17 year old girl, Robie. There are parts of this story I find completely believable, and other parts not so much. This selection was made by my young teen daughter, and is a good selection to be read aloud with your young teens.

If family reading is still part of your routine, this is one I would recommend. I would also recommend this story for readers 11 and up. There are no graphic scenes, no foul language, etc. I only select 11 and up because I think that younger than that and the reader may not be able to relate to Robie's thought, feelings, and experience.

jlsimon7 | Feb 26, 2016 |
To survive it is often necessary to fight and to fight you have to dirty yourself. --George Orwell--
For Tim, and everyone else who ever took that flight to Midway...
The dude with the lime-green Mohawk and dark wooden plugs in his earlobes looked down at me, the long silver needle in his rubber-gloved hand pointed directly at my face.

Robbie's last-minute flight to the Midway Atoll proves to be a nightmare when the plane goes down in shark-infested waters. Fighting for her life, the co-pilot Max pulls her onto the raft, and that's when the real terror begins.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,307,919 books! | Top bar: Always visible