BeSwitched by Molly Snow

BeSwitched

by Molly Snow

A really fun look at a Freaky Friday type switch with two very unexpected characters. It started out with more of a middle grade feel than a young adult but later on it is evident there are details that would be much more suited to a teen. In any case it is humorous and intriguing. A perfect choice for Halloween! I am really looking forward to the second book ( )
  LiteraryChanteuse | Jan 27, 2016 |
  LiteraryChanteuse | Oct 31, 2013 |
Fun, fun fun read, even if it was aimed at high school kids.

FROM AMAZON: Surla and Cathy have a HUGE secret! After spending hundreds of years as a familiar to an abusive witch, Surla runs away to find freedom. But there's one catch! The Black Cats' Curse states she will have to switch bodies with the first lonesome soul to cross her path.

Painfully shy Cathy Phillips can't muster the courage to ask hot water polo player, Craig Nelson, on a date. Neither can she stand up to the three biggest snobs at Washington High. What's a girl to do? Could switching lives with a sassy cat be the answer to her wishes?

The curse of being "BeSwitched" may just be the most purr-fect secret these new best friends could ever have! ( )
  AdorableArlene | Jul 8, 2013 |
loved it, it was such a cute book. Cathy is like any teenage girl that doesn't feel like she fits in and is afraid to speak up for herself. She is more comfortable just fading into the background. Then she crosses paths with Surla, who is the complete opposite and takes the switch to Cathy's advantage. Surla, makes her not only stand out and but stand up against the three snooty girls that pick on her everyday. How can any teen not relate to that, seriously it's something all of us have experienced at some point in time whether we were on the receiving or giving end. Surla is so good at being a teenage girl full of spice and spunk. Cathy is content with being a cat, that is until her high school crush suddenly takes interest in her new style and attitude, and Surla's witch Idis is up something that may just be trouble for them all. I loved all the characters, Snow does a great job of making them realistic yet full of humor, and witty sarcasm. Overall, this was such a fun read! ( )
  lilcrickit | May 9, 2013 |
I found this book a really quick, fairly fast paced book to read, well, I read it all in one go!
The impression I got was that this was YA aimed, what I would say is that it is fairly "young" YA aimed.
The plot is quite funny and humorous, yet covers some quite serious subjects. For example bullying, the whole not being pushed by peer pressure to go further down the "having sex" route. Also being careful about whom you put your trust in. The issues are covered in a light hearted yet responsible way.
I did enjoy the book though in one part, where the "fight" scene between the witches and demons takes part I felt was a little rushed and could have been taken a little slower with more description too.
I would perhaps describe this as "Mary Janice Davidson For Young Teens"
So did I enjoy this book? Yes. Would I recommend it?To the younger end of the YA market.
Would I read more of the series? I think so, yes as this was a great quick read for me. ( )
  Sanz71 | May 12, 2012 |

Brought to you by award-winning author Molly Snow...

Surla and Cathy have a HUGE secret!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:59 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,415,378 books! | Top bar: Always visible