Hip-Hop Usher by Lord Raymond

Hip-Hop Usher

by Lord Raymond

113,689,591 (4)None
Recently added byliliaabagi

Raymond Lord, the author of “Usher”, wrote many biographies dedicated to the hip-hop superstars. Usher is one of the hottest names in the music industry that earned the adoration of fans of different ages all around the world. Lord dedicated this biographical book to Usher’s fans. Based on the content, font size and books illustrations, I concluded that the book belongs to the category of an-easy-to read books, geared towards young readers, ages 10 & up. The language of the book is simple and easy to comprehend, so the kids with low reading abilities can handle the text. The quotations are presented in bigger font in bright red and purple colors, which makes stand out. The 5 Chapters (Award Winner, His Way, Big Ush, Confessions and Dreams and Goals) are written in chronological order and dedicated to Usher’s childhood, challenges, record deals, albums, fame, dreams, and future, etc. Each chapter provides a glimpse into Usher’s life during different periods of time. At the end of the book, the reader is given the opportunity to look at the Chronology of events, Accomplishments and Awards, Further Readings and Glossary.
The students at the elementary levels already start looking for idols, or people who they can look up to. A lot of times, media influences their opinions and they idealize people based on their friends’ opinions or what they see on TV. This book about Usher would let the young readers see the other side of their favorite megastar. They will be able to have a better idea of who Usher really is and how he influences today’s society.
I really enjoyed reading “Usher” because it gave me snapshots into his life and achievements. It is an interesting biography, presented in a very simple way, that would attract younger readers and those who struggle with reading. ( )
  liliaabagi | Nov 25, 2011 |
"I have been building my career since I was a little boy, because singing had always been what I wanted to do."

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,616,818 books! | Top bar: Always visible