Touch of the Angel by Rosalie Lario

Touch of the Angel

by Rosalie Lario

casual sex theme. ( )
  jenniebooks | Jun 26, 2017 |
We rejoin our half-demon brother quartet a couple of months after Taeg’s novel with the boys growing restless. They have not had a job in months and are starting to get antsy. They are also worried that the lack of bad guys running around will jeopardize their jobs and they will be sent back to Infernum. Ronin might be the most agitated of the bunch. He, just like all his brothers, has had a tortured past and because of all his hardships, he rarely lets anyone get close to him. He doesn’t plan on letting Amara in at all, but she completely captivates him and he cannot seem to forget about her no matter how hard he tries.

Poor Amara has gotten the short end of the stick in life. She is forced to use her succubi abilities to harm people and has almost nothing to call her own. She is basically a slave and has been abused repeatedly both emotionally and physically. She is a broken woman, who is always hoping salvation is just around the corner. When she meets Ronin, she wants him more than she has wanted anything else, but she does not dare hope for anything that wonderful to become a part of her world. My heart broke for Amara and the impossible situations she found herself in. She was definitely not a fighter like Maya from the last book, but she had a huge heart and she uses it to care for others in any way she can.

As for the romance, these books have always been steamy, but Touch of the Angel was white hot! I think Amara being a succubus might have had a little to do with it, haha. But Ronin was not exactly and angel (no pun intended) when it came to keeping his hands to himself. The two of them have an explosive connection right at the beginning of the book and the tension just heats up as the story goes along. I loved every second of watching their bond grow and wanted to shout at Ronin’s brothers to go away so they could have some alone time together.

In past books, the brothers’ father has been the root of the evil chasing after them, but they have a whole new sinister force to reckon with now. The brothers are aware that something is out there, but they have no idea who and an unknown force can sometimes cause more damage than one you are aware of. I don’t think he is going to be easy to take down and he also has many minions out there to do his dirty work for him. It will be interesting to see how this guy plays into the overall plot of the story and what damage he will do on the brothers’ lives.

Speaking of the boys, I love how Rosalie keeps all of them right at the forefront of the story, not just the brother being featured. The family bond is so strong between these brothers and that relationship is at the core of these books. It is one of the reasons I love reading them, because I know that along with great action and an intense romance, I am also going have a real connection with these men and the women in their lives. Rosalie has written fantastic characters that are easy to love and impossible to walk away from without knowing how their lives will turn out.

I was also excited to get a sneak peek at Cresso and what was going on in his world! That guy has been stuck in my head since we first meet him and I hoped that Rosalie would give him his own story. To my great pleasure he will be getting one (squee), and seeing where his life has taken him since we saw him last was very exciting.

There are quite a few twists thrown into this story at the end. There is no way I could have seen them coming and that just made them even better. The biggest surprise was the girl I am hoping will end up with Ronin’s brother, Dagan. It came out of left field and I have fingers crossed that Rosalie will let this relationship coming to fruition. I am also dying to see how all the brothers will react to this one relationship. I am thinking Dagan is in some trouble already, haha. You are going to have to read to figure out what I am talking about, but I promise you it is worth it.

Overall, Rosalie just keeps getting better with each book. Touch of the Angel was a hot, exciting, addictive read that I finished in one sitting. I am dying for the next book and cannot wait to see what is in store for both Cresso and Dagan. If you are a paranormal romance lover than these are books you cannot miss! ( )
  ABookwormsHaven | Dec 18, 2011 |

After months of no work, interdimensional bounty hunter Ronin Meyers jumps at the chance to locate an incubus who's using succubi as murder weapons. Faced with deportation to hellish Infernum if he fails, Ronin will stop at nothing to take out the incubus and anyone else involved. Even the beautiful succubus who stole his heart--and nearly his life--during the most mind-blowing hour of his existence. Night after night, Amara and her fellow succubi are forced to extract special abilities from the strongest Otherworlders for their psychotic master's growing collection. When the gorgeous angel-demon hybrid she believed to be dead captures her, Amara is both stunned and elated. But the happily-ever-after Amara's dreamed about will have to wait. Before she and Ronin can find salvation, they must bring down the madman hell-bent on destroying everything--and everyone--they love. And Ronin and Amara are at the top of his list.… (more)

Rosalie Lario is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,410,944 books! | Top bar: Always visible