What Stays in Vegas by Beth Labonte

What Stays in Vegas

by Beth Labonte

What do you know, this was actually really good, and I very much enjoyed it. :D ( )
  cybercarotte | Nov 23, 2016 |
So, this is my second book by this author and seventh Chick-Lit book I've read.

I loved the first book I read by this author, I mean, it was the first and only book in the Chick-lit genre that I've read and given 5 stars to. I found the first book I read by this author to be fun, hilarious exciting. I found this one to be tedious, annoying, and filled with little things that I find annoying.

I don't know. Maybe without that whole Nick thing I'd have liked this book a lot more. Not found it as tedious. It still would had way too bloody much drinking. Bitchy judgmental slut shaming (ETA: I seem to have a 'thing' to look for slut shaming, and there's a bit of looking down the nose, 'you poor woman you horrible little ugly slut' vibe, but I might be going a little far to include slut shaming this time. maybe). That's actually three different things. I should put commas in there or something. Also, I found not a single thing to be laughable and/or humorous.

That lack of humor probably wouldn't have been that bad, if not for how humorous I found the first book I read by this author. Actually, it's quite possible I might have been able to rate this as high as 3 stars if I hadn't read that other book first. Because I went into this expecting too much, I guess. I should have remembered that this book here is the author's first published book (ETA: actually, I forgot about that one that came out in 2008), and appeared 4 years before the other book. ( )
  Lexxi | Oct 26, 2015 |
Free on Kindle. May be spoilers. This is pretty silly. The fun thing is that it is first person by an office worker and we always like to see office workers tell their stories & make good.
  franoscar | Sep 1, 2013 |
I was in the mood for a light, fun read and this book definitely delivered; very few books have made me literally laugh out loud, but this is one of them.

I enjoyed the main character, Tessa, immensely. She was so spunky and hilarious, yet completely relatable. I think most of us have experienced feelings for another person that were not returned and so I felt for what she was going through, being in love with her best friend, Nick. Tessa is also stuck in a job that she doesn't enjoy and has aspirations of doing other things, like pursuing her passion for art. What I really love is how witty she was; there were several times I found myself laughing throughout the book.

I thought I had everything figured out when it came to Tessa's love life. I completely adored Nick; he seemed to be so caring, funny, and an all around good friend to her. It was impossible not to fall in love with him too, although the fact that he was a married was a major roadblock. When she goes to the Las Vegas office and meets someone else, I was completely against it! How could she possibly find someone she loved as much as Nick? Then, as the story progressed, I began to see this new guy as a better and better fit for her, until I wasn't sure which man I liked better. I won't give away any big spoilers (notice I didn't even give you the name of the guy she becomes smitten with in Vegas), but I will say this: you will be very satisfied with the ending.

This book was amazingly funny and had some great romance in it as well. Any novel that can make me laugh out loud gets a huge thumbs up from me, and I'm very thankful I got the chance to read this one. If you like romance with some extremely comic moments thrown in, I promise you will love What Stays In Vegas. ( )
  JamesterCK | Jan 9, 2012 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,643,427 books! | Top bar: Always visible