Three French Hens - A Christmas Collection…

Three French Hens - A Christmas Collection

by Gayle Ramage

2012 (1) @1 (1) @f (1) anthology (4) Author free (1) Christmas (4) devil (1) ebook (2) England (1) F (1) fantasy (2) horror (1) humor (2) LTMG (1) paranormal (1) read (1) read in 2012 (1) Read January 2012 (1) satire (1) short stories (1) time travel (1) vampires (1)

This ebook of three short stories based on Christmas Carols is a young hip way of looking at old Christmas songs. She has an interesting take on the Christmas stories that she has decided to base her short stories on. This is a short, fun read. ( )
  mminor1985 | Jun 13, 2012 |
Three French Hens: A Christmas Collection contains 3 short stories.
1. All I Want For Christmas Are My Two Fang Teeth;
A story about a vampire stalking an elderly woman. It was cute and quirky. I liked the twist ending & the way things turned around in the story. Somewhat unexpected. Although I am a little tired of anyone writing a vampire story these days referencing Twilight.
2. Hark! The Herald Angels Sing;
This story is about a singing competition, resembling the X Factor. I would have liked a little more originality. The twist at the end was cool, but I think most people may see whats coming.
3. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town;
In this one a young lady is home alone on Christmas Eve. When she goes out for a smoke, something odd takes place. I didn't care for this story at all. I thought the plot was idiotic, and the ending was just nonsense. Sorry it just didn't appeal to me.

All in all, I give this collection a 2. It may have been a 3 or 3 1/2 if not for that last story. ( )
  pamkaye | May 14, 2012 |
Ahhh Christmas, a time of sweetness, good will toward men, and all that stuff. Well, if that's what you want from a Christmas story, GO AWAY!! You won't find it here!

This trio of stories looks at the darker side of things. First up is a vampire that gets caught in a situation he'd rather not be in. Then there's a game show with some unusual contestants. Finally, a woman with an ability most of us don't have.

All the stories are short, so they make for a quick read. If you enjoy quirky stories and twist endings, you'll definitely enjoy these. You're sure to get a chuckle from how things turn out. ( )
  rastaphrog | May 13, 2012 |
I won this book from Librarything in exchange for an honest review.

There's a lot of spunk to this little collection of stories. My favorite by far was the first story. Since they are short and have a twist to each one, I won't go into too much detail, but the first had the best twist. The other two were interesting but were less satisfying.

It was overall a fun read! ( )
  chickey1981 | Feb 11, 2012 |
Three short stories reflecting on the dark side of Christmas. Whilst I enjoyed these I didn't really engage with them. It was good to read something different to what I normally read and was grateful to receive a copy of this through the Member giveaway scheme. ( )
  beachhutbetty | Feb 7, 2012 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Gayle Ramage's book Three French Hens - A Christmas Collection was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Gayle Ramage is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,430,793 books! | Top bar: Always visible