Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
The Western Alps, from Rift to Passive Margin to Orogenic Belt, Volume 14:…
No current Talk conversations about this book.
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0444537244, Hardcover)
This book addresses the evolution of the Alpine fold belt for the first time in the English language. It builds on classical Alpine geological studies made since the start of the 19th century by combining that research with modern results obtained over the past 50 years using new marine geological and geophysical technologies. The book thus provides an integrated overview of the evolution of the Alps from rift to passive margin to the present fold belt over a significant time span.
* an integrated multidisciplinary synthesis of the evolution of the Alps from rift to passive margin to foldbelt.
* 175 figures, structural maps and cross sections.
* an index of localities referred to in the fext and figures.
* a brief summary of the history and development of ideas concerning the evolution of fold belts and passive margins since the 19th century.
* provides basis for further enquire and research
* provides wider context relevant to marine and oil industry geoscientists.
(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:45 -0400)
No library descriptions found.
RatingAverage: No ratings.
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.