Autumn: Aftermath by David Moody

A rewarding ending to a series I loved. There are a lot of characters in this series, but the story is about the interactions between the characters rather then getting to know each character intimately. In Aftermath, I got to know some new characters living in a castle and how previous characters came about finding them and helping them. It is reminiscent of everything that happened in the hotel, but it is still fresh and engaging. I couldn't wait to see where everyone wound up. If you have enjoyed this series so far, you will not be let down. It is more of the same in a good way. I still want more, but with a story like this, is it ever really over? Probably not. ( )
  clockwork_serenity | Jan 23, 2016 |
A real 'page turner' that's hard to put down. With more gore, guts and grossly abhorrent people (not just the dead ones) making things tough for the survivors, Aftermath takes us on a tense and exciting journey to the conclusion of a great series of novels. I loved it. ( )
  thejohnsmith | Dec 30, 2014 |
Spoiler Alert...

This series was amazing. And I love the full circle the corpses made. Only thing I would have liked to see was Dog persevere and find them. What can I say...I love a happy ending :) ( )
  shanafesta | Oct 21, 2013 |
Dedicated to The Survivors

It's been almost one hundred days since a killer disease wiped out 99% of the population. Three months since the dead reanimated. Survivors are few and far between now, and those who remain stick together to give themselves the best possible chance of continuing to stay alive. They are the last of the living.

A band of refugees has taken shelter in a medieval castle – a fortress that has stood strong for hundreds of years. Besieged by the dead, they only emerge when it’s absolutely necessary. As autumn turns to winter, however, the balance of power slowly begins to shift.

The unexpected appearance of survivors from another group changes everything. They bring choice, and an alternative way of life which is a far cry from the world everyone has been forced to leave behind. Society as we know it has crumbled beyond repair and things will never be the same again. Some people are ready to embrace this change, others can’t let go of the past. The choice is divisive.

Are we entering mankind's final days? In the aftermath of the disease, will the last survivors destroy each other, or will the dead destroy them all?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:02:21 -0400)

"It's been three months since a killer disease wiped out 99% of the population. Three months since the dead reanimated. The living are few and far between now, and those who are still alive stick together to give themselves the best chance of continuing to survive. One small group has established a community on an inhospitable island. A second, much larger band of refugees have made their base in a fortified castle on the coast, overlooking the ocean. When the survivors from the island unknowingly encroach on the other group's territory, tensions are immediately raised. Under siege from an army of thousands upon thousands of corpses, the survivors on the mainland launch a desperate attempt to take over the island and claim it for their own"--Provided by publisher.… (more)

David Moody is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,017,739 books! | Top bar: Always visible