Peer Inside My Soul and See Me by De Ann…

Peer Inside My Soul and See Me

by De Ann Townes

631,268,033 (5)None

I first have to say that I am not one that reads poetry a lot. However, WOW!! This book is some of the best I have read. The author truly is gifted in conveying her thoughts and emotions to leap out of the page and touch you.

Many times I teared up with the emotion that had poured onto the page. It was as if the author was sitting right there guiding me into a look of what lies in her heart and soul. I have only read one other poet that touched me this way and it was Sylvia Plath.

If you enjoy poetry that is much more than rhyming words thrown on a page; this is the book for you.

My favorites are Misunderstood and Fade to Black. However, when I read those that were dedicated to certain people, it touched something in me. To feel such raw emotions simply by reading words off a page is rare. De Ann is truly a talented poet!

I received this book free from the author and have in no way been paid for this review. ( )
  reynahawk | Jul 17, 2012 |
This is a little gem wrapped with powerful emotions from joy to sorrow; it speaks of loving so much it hurts to breath when your soul mate is not with you. Expressing the gratitude of cherishing every nuance and fiber of a partner existence, letting him know he is his everything, with him life would be empty.

Then the author spoke of her birth of her son, the death of a dear friend's son, the letting go of her own son and 0ther sentimental topics.

It is not just a poetry book but a mirror inside one' soul. Like an artist with paint and canvas she expresses her personal thoughts to create a deep and spiritual awareness of human existence. Shining upon the truth about the Light and dark, the good and evil, the spiritual and the wonders of all that is to be cherished but also the black abbess of tormented and agony of the broken hearted and to know when it is time to grieve and laugh again.

There are approximately 44 poems to review and each one touch this reader to the core; such intensity of formulating magic with words and vocabulary to create a symphony that vibrates and resounds in one's soul.

Out of the choices which call deep to this reader was title” You”. I copied part of this one to let you see the inside window, peer into her soul of this poet's heart and acknowledge her awareness of inner consciousness and the deep connection she has with her muse expressing her thoughts. .

You

Red dawns
Dragons colliding with ancient warriors
Lost horizons
Into the deep blue pool of mystery, deep within my heart
Rhythm to my music, earth to my soul, fire to my ice A prelude to my forever with
you, a prelude to the soul.
Was I wrong?
A dark corner of tomorrow
Underneath the guise of caring, of a smile of love. Warming, calming, cradling and
soothing
To the heart and soul, rejuventating the senses.

The poem continues, but this reader concludes here to let your imagination take over and call to your essence to yearn to review yourself this little gem with so much power. The poems are written as if her family generations are whispering in the wind, the truth about humanity and the highs and lows of the ripples of human emotions of experiencing life on this blue marble.

She has won awards and as she declares she is “I’m artistry through fluent and flowing poetry in motion and I’m letting it flow.” Like the rip tides of emotions this writer has touch upon hidden meanings of so many facets of life. Highly recommend this for poetry readers and ones looking for inspiration.
To review the hard cover and the kindle you can go to this link: http://www.amazon.com/Peer-Inside-Soul-See-ebook/dp/B0057G2XQQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF...
Received a free copy in exchange for a honest review ( )
  honeysue | Jul 9, 2012 |
Beautifully Written, Poignant Poetry

De Ann Townes Jr. opens up the most intimate places in her being, inviting you to read her, all of her: the passion, the longing, the hurt. She takes you deep inside, in spite of her pain and vulnerability, because at that moment, the moment when you peer inside, her emotions are most raw, intense, and vivid.

Her poetry is about her love, her jealousy, and even about her longing to be defined by her lover. At times she lets the man she loves think of her as if she were a big canvas. With total submission, total rapture she lets him become the creator of her existence. Such are her images, images that elevate the ordinary into a poetic vision. Her rapture sweeps her, and him too, into a mystical spell of destruction.

De Ann shows no hesitation when she introduces certain expressions, once in a while, in spanish into her poems, which adds a special touch, as if you caught whisper between the two of them. She gave special attention to the layout of the book, where all the poems are 'centered' on the page. This makes the words, and the varying length of each phrase, become a graphical element black on white, as if the poem has turned into a graphic vase, holding the words inside.

Highly recommended! ( )
  Uvi_Poznansky | May 5, 2012 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,544,725 books! | Top bar: Always visible