The Children of the New Forest [adapted -…

The Children of the New Forest [adapted - Oxford Bookworms]

by Rowena Akinyemi

English (68)  Japanese (1)  All (69)
Beverly's house was burned by Parliamentary soliders.
But Jacob who lived near their house noticed fire and tell
Beverly's children so they were saved.
They live in the forest and one day Mr hethestone visited their house.

I thought Jacob is very kind man.
The children's life in forest looked fun.
I read this book with pleasant. ( )
  Azusa | Jan 23, 2012 |
This story stage is 17 century. Four chidrens fatheris dead in a war and their house is burned.So Jacob who is lived in forest help them.Afterword, they learn life in the forest and grow strongly.They wait to fight for father and king.

It is execiting for me to read this story.
Im comfortable after reading this book because this story ending is happy.I feel England at the time and I learn social situation about the England in the 17 century. ( )
  porona | Jan 18, 2012 |
Puritan Revolution era.Four children who lost thire father in Beverly get into danger.Thire house is burned,they escape into the New Forest.How do they live?
The genre of this book is Fantasy.When I read this story,I was nervous until the end.However,since the end of this story a happy ending,I became a refreshing feeling after reading. ( )
  leon777 | Jan 18, 2012 |
The four children who had no parents had to run away to the new forest.For, they were pursued by soliders.Therefore, they started a new life style in the forest.I think it is difiicult, but they had many nice ideas.And, they were helped by Jacob who is a kind forester.I like this ending.I recommend this story to you. ( )
  mojocoxama | Jan 9, 2012 |
In 1647 fights were happened between King and Cromwell.
Four Beverley children, Edward, Humphrey, Alice, and little Edith were hiding from Cromwell's soldiers in the new forest.
Because the children's father had died while fighting and he had been cooperating for the King.

At first I was very surprised and felt sadness.
This is a true story and children didn't have both of father and mother, what's more, their house get used to live in had been burnt by Cromwell's soldiers.
They transformed the sorrow and pressure into strength, their bonds of family moved me to cheer. ( )
  YUKINKO | Jan 8, 2012 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 019422967X, Paperback)

England in 1647: King Charles is in prison, and Cromwell's men are fighting the King's men. These are dangerous times for everybody. The four Beverley children have no parents; their mother is dead and their father died while fighting for the King. Now Cromwell's soldiers have come to burn the house - with the children in it. The four of them escape into the New Forest - but how will they live? What will they eat? And will Cromwell's soldiers find them?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:51 -0400)

'England in 1647: King Charles is in prison, and Cromwell's men are fighting the King's men. These are dangerous times for everybody. The four Beverley children have no parents; their mother is dead and their father died while fighting for the King. Now Cromwell's soldiers have come to burn the house - with the children in it. The four of them escape into the New Forest - but how will they live? What will they eat? And will Cromwell's soldier find them?' --from back.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,429,281 books! | Top bar: Always visible