The Passionate Attention of an Interesting…

The Passionate Attention of an Interesting Man

by Ethan Mordden

121768,668 (3)None
(US) (1) * (1) 1pb (1) collection (1) fiction (2) gay (2) gay fiction (1) novella (1) short (1) short stories (2) straight guy (1) to-read (3)

Don't mind me. This is the second book of Ethan Mordden that I have completed reading. I found Buddies difficult to follow. As much as I was really hoping to enjoy this one, I was not able to.

I had been waiting for this book for more than a year. It was supposed to be released in the paperback format in November 2012 but it was taken off from several sites when the date of release passed. I was happy to see a website offering this book in ebook format. Immediately, I bought one.

This is a novella and four stories - short stories; Tom, Hopelessly Devoted to You, The Flippety Flop, The Suite and The Food of Love. I preferred The Suite as it was kinda suspenseful to see how the story was going to end. I was not able to follow Mordden's style of writing. It was easily for me to follow Tom, Flop and Suite. I was totally lost reading Hopelessly and Food. I had no idea what the stories were trying to convey and I lost interest.

I have to admit that I could not 'buy' the idea that the young rich ones in Tom would talk in such a manner. No street talk. No cool brat slang. All of them talked in the same manner - high class and rather unbelievable at times. Even the cops were talking in a manner which was quite uncommon.

I am sure Mordden has many fans who would disagree with me. I appreciate his work that does not jump into trashy bed scenes, unlike other M/M ebooks out there. However, I am not one who could digest such a depth of story-telling. I even missed out plots and had to re-read the earlier scenes just to understand what actually happened. Quickie? Oh yes. I did not even know they had done it until the scene quoted one to crash onto the bed, next to the other body. Sigh... ( )
  starlight70 | Jan 24, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,834,267 books! | Top bar: Always visible