Unshakeable Faith by Lisa Worrall

Unshakeable Faith

by Lisa Worrall

4.5 stars. Really enjoyed this book. Loved Brody and Nash...then really, really hated Nash for awhile there. My only issue would be I would of liked to read a little bit more of them at the end. I felt like it was wrapped up a bit too quickly (and I so wanted Nash to grovel a bit more).

Recommended! ( )
  vampkiss | Oct 23, 2013 |
Oh Wow!!! I really liked this one. It had a little bit of everything. Mystery, intrigue, love, angst. I liked Nash at the beginning, but then later I wanted to ring his neck. Someone needed to knock some sense into him. Brody was adorable. The guys had great chemistry together. This is definitely another one of Lisa Worrall's books that will be going on my favorites list ( )
  pfodge | Oct 17, 2013 |
Everybody loves a good amnesia story. "hi, I am a bum...... Oh wait, no a millionaire."

I can take one amnesia story, but not three. Nash is like some sort of defective clapper light switch. Nash #1? [Gibb slap his head]. "Ok, I have forgotten who I am. Now I am Nash #2" [Gibb slap again]. "Oh, wait! Now I am back to Nash #1 and remember nothing of Nash #2." [Gibb slap yet again]. "oh, wait! NOW I am Nash #3 and remember everything!"

I am pretty sure amnesia and head trauma does not work that way, otherwise med school would be handing out baseball bats like Homey the Clown.

Overall, not a bad book and I did enjoy it. It was just not a really realistic love story. ( )
  Bea_writer | Sep 21, 2013 |
This was a 3.5, rounded down to 3. It just had too many little problems to give it a full 4, or even a round up.

I loved Brody, loved Nash 2.0, hated Nash the original (asshole) version. I almost put the book down when I realized just how much of an ass original Nash was going to turn into, but I stuck with it, and I'm glad I did. We did get a few glimpses into original Nash, to know a bit of WHY he was the way he was, but it didn't really excuse his horrible behavior, especially to Brody, who, as far as he knew had never done anything to him.

Also, there was too much suspension of disbelief. Hiring Brody as a bodyguard, with what seemed like NO kind of background check to see he had no experience? Just an " I like you hon, you're hired" by asshole's mother? And then once Brody WAS doing the bodyguard thing- NO one questioned why he didn't have any weapons on him? Or the stupidity of them going out on the town, not once, but TWICE, and getting majorly drunk and not paying attention to their surroundings?

I also felt the reveal of who was after Nash was a bit too simplistic, too. Sure, the readers knew pretty early who it was, but I felt it was rushed at the end.

Still, it was a decent read, and I'll probably check out more by this author. ( )
  Bitchie | Sep 21, 2013 |
Wow, what a sweet story. I enjoyed this immensely. But I have a hard time rating it. It’s one of those stories where after I finished I thought, “That was pretty good, 3.5 stars,” and then kept thinking about it all day, eventually deciding, “No, it was a 4.5,” because I couldn’t get it out of my head. Then two days later not even remembering what it had been about. Well, that may have something to do with the fact that I’d read three novels since then...

Every character is interesting and individual to me, and all except the bad guy are likeable up to a point. There were lots of strong and relevant women, unlike so many other M/M romances. At one point, a tiny little woman ends a physical stand off and saves the day. Brody’s best friend is a great guy and it’s totally ridiculous that he’s known as being a total ass. I’d date him in a heartbeat, and I am not the kind of person who wants a bad boy.

Brody is an amazing guy, although his generosity at the beginning was bordering on ridiculous. At least he’s a huge man so it’s not completely out of the realm of possibility that he would feel safe enough to invite Nash to stay. The first part, which is mostly just the building of the romance, was adorable and Nash’s slow realization he is gay, is a great way to play the coming out/virgin territory thing without making it be the old GFY/OFY crap I hate. Their love is beautiful and pure (although I can’t believe it would ever be enough for someone not to care about getting his memories back).

That’s why when Nash loses his memories again, it’s heart wrenching. Brody hangs on much longer than is at all realistic yet part of me believes that someone might put up with crap for too long: people do stupid, self-destructive things out of love all the time. Brody lasted just an itty-bit longer than I wanted him to, actually. I liked that Brody isn’t a doormat and that he doesn’t take evil Nash’s crap. Evil Nash is such a jerk and yet believable given the situation. There is one scene where my heart broke for Brody.

But there is a plot leading through the whole thing, and the threat of harm from the start. There is lots of danger and fear and peril and desperation, all the stuff I adore. I like that some of Nash’s personality traits carry over like how he blames Brody for making Nash fall for him. I appreciated that Brody is aware that his own lack of skills as a bodyguard are a problem and could be disastrous. Evil Nash’s reaction to a danger situation is adorable, too.

About the resolution to the story: I think Nash turns back into good Nash way too easily, quickly, and completely, and nothing is discussed about them both having lives four hours apart, but it’s sweet.

I decided on four stars because, although the situation was preposterous, the couple is just too adorable for words.
  maybedog | Apr 5, 2013 |

Of all the bars in all the towns in all the world, the stranger walks into Brody Tyler's. With no memory and a name he chose from a newspaper, Nash is a gamble-one Brody is willing to take. It isn't long before Brody and Nash fall in love, but then a tragic accident shatters their cozy world, resetting Nash's memory once again. The "new" Nash Walker is a businessman with a bottom line, and he doesn't care what or who gets stomped on. Waking up in a hospital bed after a hit-and-run with no idea where he's been for the past six months is bad enough, but someone trying to kill him is even worse. Enter Brody Tyler, accidental bodyguard. Brody's determined to help Nash remember and bring back the man he loves. Nash thinks Brody's a drop-dead gorgeous pain in the ass. If only he could remember....… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,150,998 books! | Top bar: Always visible