Honored Vow by Mary Calmes

Nice end, but left open for more with characters like Danny. I do hope there are maybe one or two more books to come. I enjoyed the series, super entertaining and ticked all the right boxes for me. Romantic, loads of angst, sexy, dramatic and kinda OTT. Like! ( )
  sharrow | Sep 21, 2013 |
This third book in the Change of Heart series lived up to, and even exceeded my hopes and expectations. More than ever we see how Jin and Logan are perfect for each other even as their love is tested to the limits in this story.

Emotions run deep here, with one trial after another threatening to tear them apart. The action is intense and seems nearly non-stop. I love that about this series. I certainly hope to see more of these two in the future. ( )
  DianeYu | Jan 21, 2012 |
I'd fallen in love with Calmes' shape shifting cats, so I was excited to read this latest installment of Jin Rayne's story. However, I never expected her to top the previous books. Not only has she done so, but this may well be the best gay romance I have read all year! Honored Vow was gut-wrenching, exciting, tender, sexy, and truly, astonishingly, romantic. And I was up at 1 am finishing it after telling myself "just a few chapters."

In a bid to oust the Semel-Aten, the werepanther priest sets in motion a plan that will draw Jin and Logan into a terrible trial that will bring them to the edge of destruction and put their entire family at risk. This was a darker story than the first two books, but the HEA is all the more cathartic because of it. And, the author throws in several twists and surprises that kept me on the edge of my seat with anticipation and nervous excitement. The book has a lot of character development, especially for secondary characters, and more world-building. There are some very hot sex scenes, but also some scenes that will melt your heart. In short, it was a phenomenal read and one I will read again. This could easily be the conclusion of Jin's story - happily, the author has left room for more to come with some questions unanswered and the fate of some characters in question. I hope she doesn't keep us waiting too long. Highly, and enthusiastically recommended! ( )
  jshillingford | Jan 1, 2012 |

Jin Rayne is still growing into his frightening new powers as a nekhene cat and his place as reah of Logan Church's tribe when he learns that a sepat, an honor challenge, has been called. Logan, who has never wanted to do anything but lead his small-town tribe, must travel around the world to Mongolia and fight to become the most powerful leader in the werepanther world. Logan won't be the only one making the journey. As his mate, Jin must fight with him to honor his commitment to Logan, his culture, and his tribe. But the trial is long, involving a prolonged separation between the two men, and Logan's humanity is at stake. In order to make it through the nightmarish sepat, Jin and Logan must accept their fates, trust each other, and honor the vows between them no matter the cost.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,023,460 books! | Top bar: Always visible