Hystera by Leora Skolkin-Smith

Hystera by Leora Skolkin-Smith is the story of a Lily, a girl who in the mist of a psychotic breakdown takes you along on the ride. This story is set in New York in the 70's. A main side character in the story that I feel makes it interesting is the Patty Hearst story. I think that Lily, in a way, feels like Patty Hearst. The perception that a person is a certain way, until the true self comes out. Another interesting part of this story is her relationship with her parents. Her parents cause her such confusion and hurt that she doesn't know how to deal with it.

This book is great for anyone who is interested in mental health issues. The only word that I can describe this book with is captivating. I was captured from page one. I couldn't wait to get home and see what Lily had gone through while I was gone. ( )
  angela.k.winters | Oct 11, 2015 |
This is a book that follows a mentally disturbed patient from her trigger incident, into and through a mental hospital. Written in typical irrational, dyslexic thought patterns that ultimately lead to a functional state of mind, the author does an excellent job of illustrating the strange world of the mentally ill and their path to sanity.

This book was received from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  mldavis2 | Jan 24, 2012 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,078,402 books! | Top bar: Always visible