Even White Trash Zombies Get the Blues by…

Even White Trash Zombies Get the Blues (2012)

by Diana Rowland

Series: White Trash Zombie (2)

Lacked the thrill of book one.
The first 3/4 of the book was a slow ramble
The last 1/4 made up for the slowness with it's intensity
This was a story character development chapter in the series slow but has set up the world well.
On to #3 ( )
  TheYodamom | Dec 11, 2016 |
I think I enjoyed this one even more than the first one! This really is a great series and I am absolutely pumped for the 3rd one. Angel is a great protagonist. She is my favorite kind of character. 4.5 stars* ( )
  LenaR0307 | May 30, 2016 |
I didn't like this book quite as much as the first book in the series but I still really enjoyed it. I really think that I enjoyed this one a little more by going the audio route. The narrator is absolutely perfect for this series and really makes the story incredibly entertaining. This was a story that I really looked forward to listening to and proceeded to do so every chance that I could.

One of the things that I loved about the first book in the series was being with Angel as she discovered what she was and learning to live with it. In this book, Angel knows exactly who she is and not only accepts it but has embraced her new reality. I still really like Angel a lot. She wants to be a better person and tries really hard to be the absolute best that she can at her job. She even seems to accept the fact that people will judge her based on her prior actions and doesn't hold it against them.

When a body under her care is stolen from her at gunpoint, Angel becomes the focus of suspicion at the job that she loves. To clear her name, she does a little investigating and is eventually pulled into a much more sinister organization. She finds herself in a very dangerous situation and is forced to make horrible decisions.
There is a pretty interesting mystery at the center of this story. During the course of the story, we also get to learn a little more about the science behind zombies in this world. I liked that Angel really stood up for herself in this story and simply refused to be accept being treated poorly in any way. She really doesn't take a lot of crap from anyone in this story but she still shows that she has a softer side and cares about others.

Allison McLemore does a fabulous job with the narration of this story. In my mind, her voice is Angel's. I love her southern accent and the way she delivers the story. It was always clear to me who was speaking and I just found myself being carried away by the story. I felt like I was right there with Angel at times and really felt her range of emotions. I definitely plan to listen to more work from this narrator.

I would highly recommend this book. This is the second book in the series and is really best read in order since there are some parts of the story that are brought from the first book. I can't wait to start the next book in this fun series!

This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life. http://carolesrandomlife.blogspot.com/ ( )
  Carolesrandomlife | Mar 19, 2016 |
A great follow up to book #1, and I have to say that it is also better than the first book which doesn't happen too much.
This book was a bit faster paced than the first one, which appealed to me. The character development has also improved making me have deeper feelings towards them. The "good" guys had character flaws which made them accessible and the bad guys were described in such a way that you couldn't wait for their brains to be eaten soon enough.
I can say that I'm hooked on the series now and will certainly place #3 on pre-order at my bookstore. Yes. I said BOOKSTORE! ( )
  beertraveler | Feb 5, 2016 |
Full Review at Tenacious Reader: http://www.tenaciousreader.com/2015/08/31/audiobook-review-even-white-trash-zomb...

3.5 stars

I enjoyed this one, but did feel I enjoyed it a bit less than the first one. I don’t know if some of that is just do to experiencing the world for the the first time, and also going into the first book with no expectations. That means everything is a surprise. But in this one, I’m already familiar with Angel, I appreciate her humor, but have started to expect it. I also felt like the first book had a simpler plot, (Angel becomes Zombie, Angel must learn to eat brains, Angel really needs to keep her job), where as this one brought in more political and conspiracy plot lines. It was still enjoyable, just a little bit different.

But it was still fun. Angel continues try and keep her life in order and of course, also continues to have major obstacles thrown her way. This time she finds herself tangled in events concerning the zombie mofia. See, what could make zombies more fun? Throw in a mafia dynamic. Yep. Probably need a whole cooler full of brain smoothies to deal with that. ( )
  tenaciousreader | Oct 6, 2015 |

Rowland, Dianaprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dos Santos, DanielCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
McLemore, AllisonNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
"So you hiding a body in here or sumthin'?"

Finally coming to terms with her new life as a brain-eating zombie, Angel Crawford must elude zombie hunters, a scientific conspiracy and the zombie mafia to stay somewhat alive.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,417,377 books! | Top bar: Always visible