The Looneyspoons Collection by Janet & Greta…

The Looneyspoons Collection

by Janet & Greta Podleski

My husband and myself love to cook and at last count, we're close to 200 cookbooks. We have a 'special place' for all of Janet and Greta's books but their latest (Looneyspoons) just lives in the kitchen because we use it all the time. From decadent desserts to full-blown dinners to serve company (and our friends are amazing cooks and FUSSY!), we have never come across a book like theirs that offers everything. The list of ingredients is filled with fresh and love that almost every recipe incorporates herbs and spices. I've introduced their book to many and the feedback from newbies is they don't feel intimidated and say: "I can do this!" and knowledgeable cooks are amazed at the outcome and have since done away with complicated recipes since they get the end result as if they were in a Five Star restaurant (seriously). Every recipe I've ever made (and that's many) are always a 10/10 in our house. We always grade a new recipe!

Even though they don't have a new show on the cooking channel, you must check out their re-runs to see the challenges they've done in changing "old recipes" and have adapted them into new ones that are SO much healthier and without all the fat and vein-filled cement. They put REAL FOOD into the recipes instead of a bunch of salt-and-sugar-laden items.

Someone here mentioned they prefer fresh foods and while I agree that some canned foods are not preferred, frozen vegetables are most often picked at their prime and flash frozen and quite often, better than fresh. Okra is a good example. Also, if you see something that calls for something canned like corn, you can always buy a fresh ear of corn and takes seconds to slice it off. I've read your review and if you are true to your school, I would be thrilled to take your unwanted book off your hands with many thanks!

On a medical note: Their healthier renditions have educated us that getting rid of white foods taste so much better and just make us feel better. My husband is Diabetic and his sugar readings are ALWAYS perfect after one of their recipes.

Being one that has one kidney that flies at half-mast, I am ALWAYS cognizant of what I put into my body and since cooking under Greta's fabulous recipes and Janet's amazing knowledge of nutrition, I'm living proof that one CAN turn their numbers to the good and on that note, my Nephrologist even bought several copies of their book for her patients!

And last but not least, how can you not love the humor they bring?
  MaryAnn12 | Apr 4, 2013 |

Product Description
HOW THYME FLIES! Bestselling cookbook authors and sisters Janet & Greta Podleski are celebrating the 15th anniversary of their fun-filled, blockbuster cookbook, Looneyspoons, with the launch of the ultimate guide to healthy eating and healthy living: The Looneyspoons Collection: Janet & Greta's Greatest Recipe Hits PLUS a Whole Lot More!IT'S GOOD FOOD, GOOD HEALTH AND GOOD FUN with 400 pages, 325 "I can't believe this is healthy!" recipes, hundreds of gorgeous, full-colour photos, pages and pages of healthy living, weight-loss and anti-aging tips and, of course, lots of corny jokes and silly recipe titles that made their three previous bestselling cookbooks famous.FROM THE AUTHORSAccording to Janet, the nutritionist of the duo, "TLC is jam-packed (as in 'loaded'..not as in 'full of jam') with Greta's amazing recipes (wait until you try her gluten-free brownies!) and tons of cutting-edge nutrition and lifestyle tips. It's our most comprehensive cookbook to date and includes reader-favourite recipes from Looneyspoons, Crazy Plates and ESBM:... PLUS recipes we've written for magazines, our TV show and LOTS of brand-new, never-seen-before stuff, too. I feel like this is the cookbook we were meant to write. The first three were just practice!""The best news for fans and owners of our cookbooks is that all of our old, outdated recipes from Looneyspoons and Crazy Plates have been revised and updated to reflect current nutritional trends and ingredients," adds Greta. "Remember way back in the 90s when all of the experts were telling us that 'fat is evil' and we should basically remove all fat from our diet? Well, now we know the difference between good fats (salmon, avocados) and bad fats (hydrogenated and trans fats) and that not all fat is bad for you. Coconut oil is good! Nuts are not the enemy! Similarly, no one was focusing on reducing salt and sugar back then, because fat was getting all the attention. We think some of our older recipes are too high in sugar and salt and these recipes have been modified and 'healthified' for the new book. We've also included gluten-free recipes as well as recipes suitable for diabetics. Our new Moroccan and Rollin? Quinoa Salad alone is worth the price of the book!""Finally, for all of the Weight Watchers members who bombarded us with requests for the fibre content of Looneyspoons recipes, your wish will come true in The Looneyspoons Collection! Every recipe in the book, and there are loads of them, contains a complete nutritional analysis."

Lick your lips and shrink your hips with THE LOONEYSPOONS COLLECTION
Jam-packed with the best of the best Janet & Greta recipes...made even BETTER!
Better carbs Better fats
More fiber
Less sugar
Less salt
Same great taste that won t go to your waist!
Plus TONS OF NEW, MUST-TRY RECIPES, including Greta s Gluten-Free Miracle Brownies - Chewy, moist, double-chocolate fudge brownies
Honey, I Shrunk My Thighs! - Mouthwatering, honey-garlic baked chicken thighs that will leave everyone begging for more
Moroccan and Rollin Quinoa Salad - The super-grain becomes super-scrumptious when paired with rockin spice
Pimped-Out Pumpkin Pie Pancakes - One taste and you ll say, Thanks(for)giving me this fabulous recipe! Diabetic? Looking for gluten-free or vegetarian options? Counting points? Cooking for finicky kids? The Looneyspoons Collection makes healthy eating delicious and fun for everyone! A feast for your eyes and your taste buds, TLC is overflowing with gorgeous, full-color food photos, hundreds of practical weight-loss, anti-aging and healthy-living tips and, of course, a heaping helping of Janet & Greta s trademark corny jokes and punny recipe titles.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:27 -0400)

Presents recipes for healthy eating and offers hundreds of practical weight-loss, anti-aging, and healthy-living tips.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,018,083 books! | Top bar: Always visible