The Burned Tower by Sergey Dyachenko

The Burned Tower (1999)

by Sergey Dyachenko, Marina Dyachenko (Author)

Acquired in 2012 (1) checked (1) curses (1) D (1) DRM epub (1) ebook (5) epub (1) fantasy (2) fiction (6) folklore (1) free (2) freebie (1) hitchhiker (1) I (1) imported (1) K (1) Kindle (2) nook (3) on-kindle (1) own (1) science fiction (1) sff (1) short fiction (1) short story (3) tbr-kindle (2) to-read (5) unread (1) upload 4b (1)

In the past few years I have gotten into Russian fantasy and sci-fi. The first author I was introduced to was, naturally, Sergei Lukyanenko. I loved all of his books and ever since I have read whatever new Russian fantasy/sci-fi recommendations I have gotten.

I dont care what reviews they get, I will read them and make up my own mind about them. I have learned that foreign fantasy/sci-fi books and stories are often misunderstood or under appreciated by a lot of American readers.

So when I was given a copy of 'The Burned Tower' by Sergey Dyachenko, I leapt at the chance to read a new author. Even though it was short, this book is amazing. Dyachenko is a magnificent storyteller, he is so descriptive. In most short stories you get the gist of the story, but the details, like rubbery fish or feeling as if you are actually driving down the Rusty Track (the battered road to Lur).

From now on Dyachenko is right up there on my favorite Russian authors with Lukyanenko.

***I received this e-book from LibraryThing Early Reviewers in exchange for an honest review*** ( )
  magelet87 | Dec 27, 2016 |
Interesting Russian fairy tale, with a modern twist. There are a few places in which the translation from Russian to English is shaky, but overall, a pretty good read. ( )
  ssimon2000 | Jul 17, 2014 |

Dyachenko, SergeyAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dyachenko, MarinaAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
You never know where trouble will await you.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,045,334 books! | Top bar: Always visible