Booze for Free by Andy Hamilton

Booze for Free

by Andy Hamilton

301367,255 (4)2
alcohol (3) beer (1) brewing (1) Britain (1) cookbook (1) cookery (3) cooking (1) cuisine (1) DIY (1) drinks (2) food (1) foraging (1) home (1) non-fiction (1) read (1) recipes (1) reference (1) standalone (1) survival (1) to-read (7) wine (1) winemaking (3)

I really enjoyed reading this one, and was very excited to get an advanced copy through FirstReads. The style of writing was great and the recipes sounded phenomenal.

My husband has been wanting to brew his own beer for a while now but we didn't really know where to start. But after reading this I felt more comfortable choosing a brewing kit (or a least the items needed for brewing) and figuring out what kinds of beer to try.

I also love that it didn't focus on just beer! There were recipes for CHAMPAGNE!! Well Sparkling Wine (I won't be brewing it in Champagne...lol) and recipes for cider and wine. It was very comprehensive and I liked the history and health notes added in.

Overall a really great guide for beginners or a great recipe book for the advanced. I highly recommend it! ( )
  Amanda.Richards | Jun 17, 2013 |

Home brewing and wine-making is fun, easy and hugely satisfying. If you garden or forage, can follow a recipe or make jam, and you enjoy a drink, this is the book for you. Andy's no-nonsense, easy-to-follow guide will enable the beginner and inspire the expert with over 100 recipes including beer made from hops and but also yarrow, mugwort, elder and other foraged plants, great tasting wines from fruit, vegetables and the hedgerows, cider and perry from apples and pears, cordials from the leaves of a range of trees, and teas and fizzy drinks from herbs and wayside flowers.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,996,664 books! | Top bar: Always visible