The Out-of-Sync Child: Recognizing and…

The Out-of-Sync Child: Recognizing and Coping with Sensory Processing… (original 1998; edition 2006)

by Carol Kranowitz (Author), Lucy Jane Miller (Preface)

Presents games, activities, and exercises designed to strengthen and develop the mental and physical abilities of children with Sensory Processing Disorder, autism, or Asperger syndrome.
Member:sullijo
Title:The Out-of-Sync Child: Recognizing and Coping with Sensory Processing Disorder
Authors:Carol Kranowitz (Author)
Other authors:Lucy Jane Miller (Preface)
Info:TarcherPerigee (2006), Edition: Revised, 384 pages
Tags:@home, nonfiction, sensory processing disorder

The Out-of-Sync Child: Recognizing and Coping with Sensory Processing Disorder, Revised Edition by Carol Stock Kranowitz (1998)

Guide to sensory processing disorder ( )
  AccyP | Feb 12, 2020 |
Even after reading this book, I didn't feel that I understood very well what SPD is. Perhaps the point is that can co-exist with other well-known disorders and that one needs a well-trained professional to be able to diagnose it.

This book is more of a reference book, so I imagine if you wanted to look up something specific or a get a quick refresher, it could be useful. But not so great as an introduction for someone who's seeking to understand what SPD is. ( )
  emanate28 | Jul 14, 2019 |
Another Mom in music class recommended this book because my child has been sensitive to noise. Well bingo! This book was very enlightening. Now not only do I know what some of the issues are I also know some of her coping mechanisms... Spinning, standing on her head, jumping on the bed etc. knowing is half the battle. ( )
  maddiemoof | Oct 20, 2015 |
This book was a godsend. Given to me by a stranger who seemed to know something I didn't.
Helped me and my pediatrician diagnose my son.
  Flossie | Nov 30, 2009 |
A more medically oriented, less hands-on approach to sensory defensiveness, but more oriented towards unofficially diagnosing the level of the problem than are other books related. Encyclopedic References, and suggestions in dealing with medical professionals. ( )
  JuliDM | Jan 25, 2007 |
Surely, you know a child who is oversensitive, clumsy, picky, fidgety, and out of sync.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,389,791 books! | Top bar: Always visible