An Agent of Deceit by Christopher Morgan…

An Agent of Deceit (2011)

by Christopher Morgan Jones

Londongrad: From Russia with Cash: The Inside Story of the Oligarchs by Mark Hollingsworth (Guanhumara)
    Guanhumara: A non-fiction account of personalities from the world described in the novel.

English (12)  Dutch (1)  German (1)  All (14)
Chris Morgan Jones
The Silent Oligarch
Malin was one of the most important persons in Russia because he control half of the nations in the oil company and Benjamin Webster is an investigator hired to ruin Malin. People between 16 and more should read this book because have so many good things and how to appreciate life. ( )
  lchs.mrso | May 23, 2017 |
At first I had to get used to this book. The writing style, the plot. But once I got the hang of it, I liked it a lot.
Interesting, plausible and (for me) the Russian part was very recognizable.
I liked it that much, that I'll be on the look out for more books by this writer. ( )
  BoekenTrol71 | Nov 30, 2016 |
3.91
  johnrid11 | Feb 14, 2016 |
A fairly typical espionage story about Russia. The Russian side of things is fairly accurate. It is fast paced but has some good character development. My only complaint is that the almost exclusive use of last names made it confusing at times. ( )
  cygnet81 | Jan 17, 2016 |
A complex plot which I found strangely unengaging. ( )
  edwardsgt | Dec 20, 2015 |
"With a mysterious, complex plot and terrific local color, this novel resonates to the pounding heartbeats of the boldly drawn main characters. John le Carré, Martin Cruz Smith, and Brent Ghelfi will be inching over in the book display so readers in search of erudite, elegant international intrigue can spot the newcomer. "
added by Christa_Josh | editLibrary Journal, Barbara Conaty (Nov 1, 2011)

For Suzy
High in the air Webster watches the unbroken desert flow past, a deep copper red in the dawn, the sand ridged like waves rolling down towards the south.
Published as: 'An Agent of Deceit' (UK) | 'The Silent Oligarch' (US)

Hired to expose the criminal networks of a Russian bureaucrat who has amassed an illicit fortune, London investigator Benjamin Webster uncovers evidence that his target may also be responsible for the murder of a colleague.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,056,522 books! | Top bar: Always visible